cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Neil Macdonald on guns

Neil's latest post and this one is about guns, smart guns specifically, and the NRA's position of freedom.

No they are not for freedom to purchase guns, now that is a change!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/safety-equipped-smart-guns-being-run-out-of-town-by-u-s-gun-lobby-1.263...

As every true lover of freedom and the Second Amendment knows, Barack Obama spends most of his time scheming to take away America's guns.

Pay no attention to the relaxed gun laws since Obama's first election, or the record increase in gun sales on his watch. Almost as many guns were produced during Obama's first four years than all eight years of George W. Bush's administration.

Obviously, Obama's crafty operatives know that allowing all that accumulation of firepower will just give them more guns to impound when they make their move.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Neil Macdonald on guns

Yeah, the Obama administration so opposed what happened in Connecticut and would neeeever want that to happen nationwide. 

http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/citizens-revolt-refuse-to-register-guns/ 

Senior Contributor

And what do you think about the NRA being against the sale of guns?

Read the article I linked it is not what you think.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Well, in a James Bond movie he had a gun that would shoot anyone that shot the gun, except 007. Smiley Happy    I`m not against "smart guns" the problem that i and I think the NRA would have is the slippery-slope in which smart guns would be mandated one day, guns that weren`t smart guns would possibly be outlawed, that would be "their" camel`s nose in the tent towards confiscation.

But here`s a senario..let`s say that a mother home alone with her kids is being raped and the kids hear her screaming and want to help her, but only she could fire the gun.  I`m sure the damned liberal headlines the next day would be "Gun in the home didn`t help rape victim"  ...damned liberals...I could just see them doing that.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I think it is good that such things are being researched, and I also think that it would be a good thing, to bring 'smart guns' to the market place.

However, I think he mis-characterizes the anti gun control stance, not so much being against smart guns in theory, but against mandating smart guns.

The threats, most likely are from nutcases, kind of like the ones that will attack you physically, if you are holding a sign that they percieve as being 'intolerant', apparently as a show of how tolerant they are, themselves.

I got a kick out of this line from his article: 

I suppose if I were ever to keep a gun in my home, I'd choose a smart gun.

It is kind of like saying it is the smaller of the possible evils, more than it is an endorsement of a Smart Gun.