cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Netanyahu calls Jews home

I would like to hear your take on this....educate me.

12 Replies
Advisor

Re: Netanyahu calls Jews home

Need more info.  Is he calling out for people all over the world to migrate to Israel? That's sort of what your header sounds like. 

Got a link or refernce to some publication or network that will tell us more? 

Senior Contributor

Advisor

Did a quick GoogleI

Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/israeli-pm-benjamin-netanyahu-encourages-jews-to-flee-europe/

If so, how could he be "calling them home" when only a miniscule portion of them have ever lived there previously?

Advisor

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barry-lando/bibi-netanyahu-the-king-of-chutzpah_b_6692506.html

SNIP:

This is not to say that there are other forces as well behind the rise in anti-Semitic attacks in Europe. The virulent hatred propagated by the new social media, the increasing militancy of Muslim youth, for instance.

But all that is inflamed by the actions of Israel itself. The direct relationship between those acts and the increase in anti-Semitic attacks can't be denied.

Indeed, the Israeli government has increasingly claimed that the mounting criticisms of Israel for having committed war crimes or human rights violations, all such claims--even if they are coming from Jews as well-- are nothing but the product of anti-Semitism.

An outspoken Israeli writer, Uri Avnery, for decades one of the most acerbic critics of his country's policies, has pointed out the irony: Israel, created as a haven from anti-Semitism for Jews around the globe, has instead, by its actions, become the greatest promoter of anti-Semitism world-wide.

Advisor

That's not to say.......

....that I dont think it might not be prudent idea.  I she could absorb all of them without further autonomously expanding her borders. That might be hard for her to find the restraint for, based on 67 years of her history

Senior Contributor

Re: Did a quick GoogleI

They consider it their homeland???  I don't know, ask Netanyahu....that's why I'm asking.  Can't see why Isreal would be any safer.....seems like a powder keg ready to explode to me.

Advisor

Re: Did a quick GoogleI

Hundreds of nukes.  Betters the odds considerably.

And, of course, the full faith and security of The U. S. Congress.The sort of gaurantee and protectoratism that is slipping away in Europe. (SEE: Lando  link)

Veteran Advisor

One thing to consider is that he might need more of an excuse to throw the Palestinians out ifhe got a huge number of European Jews to come to Israel and needed living space (Lebensraum)!
Advisor

He'd better hope that they all don't come as a recent report said 90% of his campaign contributions come from the US.

Apparently the Russians, Sephardim and radical settlers who make up the core of Likud support weren't raised in a culture of financial participation in politics. Or maybe Sheldon et al just put in a whole lot, I don't know.

BTW, the Russians would be the ones whose freedom was purchased by Mossad with the intelligence provided by Jonathan Pollard. At the cost of the lives of at least a couple hundred US intelligence assets.