cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: New DSM Register Iowa Poll

Sam....you're the most soundly rooted Paul suporter here. It/s not a fad with you.

Where are you on Michelle Bachman?

And no, that wouldn't be progressives at all. It would be over protective liberals. And religion driven right wingers...but not  progressives and not libertarians, who would both be more about opportunity than engineering.

Honored Advisor

First with the Leno interview, Ron was asked `Who on the DEMOCRATIC side would you chose for a VP?`, that`s like asking me, if I had to drive a FORD what model would I chose

Smiley Very Happy, seriously though Ron was quick to point out that he has differences with Dennis.  As a Repub Wringer I agree with what Ron Paul said on his thoughts on homsexuality...`don`t ask don`t tell` and God loves everyone, but guess what Bruce?  In this day and age June 27, 2011 Ron Paul and I are considered "homophobes" with those antiquated views.  There would certainly be NO place in the Democratic party today for someone favoring `don`t ask`.  I actually have a bigger problem with their `telling` because I don`t want to `hear it`  Smiley Happy  unless they`re Lesbians, then I`ll listen awhile.

Advisor

Your view on that would square with ery many Dmocrats. A majority of them I'd think.

But in cluded in the conversation is Ms. Bachman, and her's are noqwhere those. She'd take a punative view. Paul wouldn't.

She's a dangerous radical.

And FWIW, do you have daughters? Sisters?
You seem to be rather obsessed with cheap titilation. How would that go over with them?

Advisor

I'm not interested in voting for bachman. Progressives are exactly like that. Far more so and much more successfully than religious conservatives. Do I need to rattle off the meddlesome progressive federal programs?
Advisor

What meddlesome programs do you attribute to progressives?  I'm wondering if you aren't more concerned with intrusive, busy body idealistic utopia/nirvana seeking liberals than you'd need to be about those people who brought us Social Security, Medicare, workplace safety, protection of workers through trade unions,  fair progressive taxation, regulation of banking and finance ....many who were Republicans and even many who were religious conservatives.

Our cobbled up culture might be more functional if there hadn't been so much redefining of terms having gone on. What liberal conservative, progressives what have you has all been defined externally for so long nobobdy knows, or worse, remembers what brought anything to become defined as it was.

Honored Advisor

"She`s a dangerous radical"??WTH?

Bruce, I know you can make unchallenged statements about Bachmann like that at your `Sons of Norway` Lodge meetings, but when you put them in a public forum...That begs the question how would a President Bachmann be radical?  Would she turn the clock back further than say, the Clinton administration?  Ron Paul and my view on gays definately not square with any Democrats.  Bearak Obama got rid of `don`t ask` in the Military with full tilt Democrat support.  With gay marriage I would favor a `civil union` deal for them to gain the back pocket of the US Taypayer, but for the Love of Christ do not basterdize the Holy marriage further yet!      `cheap titlation`, Bruce men need to act like men, while also being a Gentleman.  There is no big secret that Women who workout an 1hr a day and spend half their paycheck on clothes and hair want you to notice them, it`s rude not to.  To call a Woman "Hot!" makes their day, a harmless crush is innocent and makes the world go `round.  And believe me a sense of humor is the only thing that gets you though the dips in life.Smiley Happy

Advisor

Progressives by definition believe in using government power to effect social change. The more powerful the government the greater its ability to effect change. All the programs you mention are meddlesome intrusion into private lives.
Senior Advisor

Samnospam wrote:
" their huge big government quest to transform the public process to where it affects every component of every american's private life)" sounds just like progressives. Bachman voted for tarp, patriot act, etc.

Are you sure she voted for TARP?

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2009-26

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2008/roll681.xml