cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

New Twist on Democrats "Cradle to the Grave" mantra

Someday , we all get judged and I know that for those immoral and amoral enough to support this, it may not matter, but even if the Democrats were right on every other single issue, which believe me they are not, how anyone could profess to be a moral person and remain a Democrat on this issue is past my ability to comprehend.

Disgusting.

It's a deeply felt conviction among liberals that they are the caring party. It's not too much to say that liberals are quite confident that they are nicer, more moral people than conservatives.    

Mona Charen Column on Abortion:

It must require truly titanic powers of denial for the "moral" and "compassionate" party to maintain its position on abortion -- a position that leads them into some macabre rationalizations. Consciences among the morally superior party are agreeably quiescent.     

But recent headlines have not been similarly cooperative. In Florida, the legislature is considering a variant of the "Born Alive Infants Protection Act," which would require that abortionists provide medical assistance to infants who are "accidentally" born alive and kicking during an abortion. (Then State Senator Barack Obama vociferously opposed similar legislation in Illinois.)     

Ms. Alisa LaPolt Snow, representing the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates, testified against the bill. Florida representative Jim Boyd, apparently unsure that he had understood her correctly, asked:      

"So, um, it is just really hard for me to even ask you this question because I'm almost in disbelief. If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?"      

Ms. Snow responded that her organization "believes that any decision that's made should be left up to the woman, her family and the physician." In short, as the Weekly Standard summarized, Florida Planned Parenthood is in favor of "post-birth abortion." This is consistent with the position of the president of the United States and most members of the caring party.      

Ms. Snow was asked why she didn't support simply transporting a breathing, moving infant to a hospital where he or she would have the best chance of survival. Snow developed a sudden concern for ambulance convenience: "(T)hose situations where it is in a rural health care setting, the hospital is 45 minutes or an hour away, that's the closest trauma center or emergency room. You know there's just some logistical issues involved that we have some concerns about." Really? Logistical concerns?      

So if a baby is brought to a rural clinic suffering from, say, meningitis, and the nearest trauma center is 45 minutes away, does Planned Parenthood have "concerns" about the "logistical issues" involved? Or does Planned Parenthood stand for the principle that when a woman chooses abortion, she is entitled to a dead baby?      

Snow's testimony comes at an inopportune moment for the deniers -- the "abortion rights" absolutists who hotly deny that infants are ever born alive during botched abortions -- because in Philadelphia, an abortionist is on trial.      

Dr. Kermit Gosnell is on trial for murder in the deaths of one woman and seven second trimester babies. The 41-year-old woman had sought an abortion and was given an overdose of narcotics at Gosnell's clinic. The seven babies were all born alive, according to the indictment. Gosnell then used scissors to "snip" their spinal columns. One of his assistants, who pled guilty to third-degree murder, said that such "snippings" were "routine" for late-term abortions -- so there were probably many more than seven.      

Gosnell wasn't at all particular about gestational age. An ultrasound technician recorded the age of one baby as 29.4 weeks, or about 7.5 months. In Pennsylvania, abortions are not permitted after 24 weeks (and survival is above 85 percent for babies born at 27 weeks). In one case, a nurse testified that a baby cried after being born. Gosnell snipped his neck and told the nurse that there was nothing to worry about. He was placed in a basin on a counter. Another large baby was disposed of in a shoebox, but he was too large and his feet dangled over the sides. In another case, Gosnell allegedly joked with a nurse that a baby was so big "he could have walked to the bus stop."      

Gosnell seems to be a particularly freakish "provider." He kept fetal feet in jars in an office prosecutors described as a "house of horrors." (Pictures are on the Internet, but beware: They are graphic.)      

Democratic Senator Barbara Boxer of California who engaged in an unwise colloquy with then-Senator Rick Santorum about when infants deserve to be treated as people, spoke for many of the caring elite when she said that life begins when "you take the baby home from the hospital."   

Some day, our descendants will look back at this and ask how we could have tamely accepted such barbarism. A special obloquy will attach to the Orwellians who call it compassion.

9 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: New Twist on Democrats "Cradle to the Grave" mantra

Its hard to understand how people think. It really is. The political party game I think destroys independent rational thought. How many are against abortions but fine with drones killing Muslim babies? And how many are against drones killing Muslim babies but fine with abortion. An innocent human life is an innocent human life.
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I think it`s about trust, liberals are okay with 0bama killing more with drones in 8 months than what Bush did in 8 years because they trust 0bama.  Liberals are okay with abortion killing because that makes their lives easier, 0bama let that slip when he mentioned if his daughter messed up, "she shouldn`t be cursed with a child".  With 0bama and liberals, it`s about like watching a game of "Simon Sez".

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Yes, Sam, it is hard to find enough people in America that are just plain moral folks. That is what made Ron Paul both exceptional in his stances on many issues, and also made him doomed to not have any traction in garnering enough votes to matter.

Abortion is murder...Drone attackes that kill innocent families are murder, and political alliances do not make these things right. Bush was wrong, and Obama is worse.

Also, if God truly blesses America, He needs to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

BA, where is the link on that statement by Obama? "Cursed" with a child?

No wonder fools like Goat and Bart love the guy. Sounds like them.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hey Red, it was 5 yrs ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNbaig-D5pk  0bama actually said "...he didn`t want them punished with a baby.."  There`s enough wiggle room and love for 0bama that it isn`t or wasn`t a deal breaker for the Dem voters.  There are some liberals that liken an abortion as knocking a runt pig in the head.  I really don`t see how they ever will be taught morals, it`s something you are either born with or without.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Actually BA, I do not agree with your statement that you cannot learn morals and that people cannot change. As a practicing Christian, I have been taught time and time again that even the most hardened person can change and accept Jesus and the love of God...even when past the point of redemption by the laws of mankind.

Moses went from being a secular prince in Egypt , to killing a man, to being a banished and exiled murderer, and emerged years later as the man God entrusted with a great mission.

A thief, crucified and dying next to Jesus, asked for and received forgiveness right before his death.  Paul persecutes early Christians and is chosen to be the man that spreads the teaching and message of Jesus more than any other person.

Time and time again, we are shown examples of change. King David and his son Solomon are the kings of sinners, and yet they ask for absolution and forgiveness and may have received it.

The Christian religion is one of hope and redemption, and I pray for all sinners regardless of political persausion and hope they also find redemption.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Also, "punished"  is not the same as "cursed". Depending on the context, you could say that premarital sex leads to both the parents and the child being "punished" with a less than ideal environment for rearing a child, namely being single, but certainly not "cursed". If that is what was meant, I find no fault with Mr. Obama.

But if Obama meant that unwed people that start a human life are entitled to end it, he is the one that is "Cursed".

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Brave New World Revisited

here is another article on where we are "progressing" to

http://www.lifesitenews.com/blog/harvesting-eggs-from-aborted-babies-to-create-ivf-babies-ten-years-...

Aldous Huxley was an optimist.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

That is true, Red that God can change the most hardened heart, a couple things to consider though.  God has given us "free will" and usually that ends up being the easiest path for many.  And if we compare liberalism with alcoholism, they said and from what I`ve seen, a diagnosed true alcoholic can never become a "responsible social drinker" they have to remain a "tea totaler" the rest of their life or risk falling back into alcoholism.

With liberals that seem perfectly fine with using abortion as some sort of last ditch method of "birth control" ...I don`t know, but the Holy Spirit would really have to work overtime in purging the evil from these selfish basterds.

A recovering liberal would have to repent at all the wrong they`ve done and to be on the safe side recuse themselves of voting privilages for life Smiley Happy  They simply cannot be trusted in the ballot box alone.  But oh they would howl at the mention of that.

Just in full disclosure, I`ve considered  abortion a 3rd tier issue, we have more pressing issues facing the country.  I could live with abortion being allowed in cases of rape incest and mother`s life, hopefully God will one day forgive me.