cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

New York Dinner

Sniffy was booed this evening at several points during the Al Smith dinner to raise money for children.

Sniffy went first. This was supposed to have been a light hearted event. He had a couple of good jokes, but went into an agressive attack on Secretary Clinton.

He blew it again. This guy really is a cad.....

Tick Tock....

Jen
13 Replies
Katzenjammer12
Senior Contributor

Re: New York Dinner

Cad:

a man who behaves dishonorably, especially toward a woman:

Cads and politics, yes.

Thomas Jefferson fathered children on his black slave Sally Hemings.

Grover Cleveland admitted an affair and the possibility that a resultant child was his.

Andrew Jackson - oh, that was his wife, not him.

Jack Kennedy and Marilyln Monroe?  Say it ain't so.

Ted Kennedy and Mary Jo Kopechne

Bill Clinton - say, can he practice before the Supreme Court now?

Gary Hart - who's he?  🙂

Herman Cain - oh, wait, we're only talking about women, right?

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

So what is it that you are trying to say?  That men having multiple partners while in their marriage happens in this society, and we should just embrace it and say, "That's OK, because boys will be boys"?

Sorry - I'm not buying in.  As far as I know, (the political figures you have put forward) none of these instances include someone that society KNEW BEFORE THEY WERE ELECTED that they were having an affair.  And when it was found out, it was scandalous.  

You want me and the American people to buy your argument that, "It's OK, everyone does it."  It's not OK.  Then why even have marriage anymore?  Have we come so far, that we can openly entertain electing a man that has already had three marriages?  Not exactly the moral high ground that Republicans have tried to portray throughout their history.  Are the Republicans really ready to abandon all the principles of society, just to get a candidate elected that was flawed to begin with?  My, how far have we actually fallen as a country?  And how much farther from any sort of moral values do we still have to go?

If it's OK or the politicians, then it should be OK for the rest of America, right?  These political leaders are supposed to set our standard for how to govern, and how to lead a good, moral, and decent life.  It looks like you Republicans are willing to abandon everything you stood for, because you made a huge mistake in who was chosen as your candidate.  You party made a big mistake, and you're going to pay a big price.

Tick Tock....

Jen

r3020
Senior Advisor

What a whiner. If she can't deal with jokes how is she to deal with Putin? How weak she must be that her allies must come to her defense again and again. Now you see why she is called the weaker sex. Poor little rich girl.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Years ago, you knew who this man was.  You know what he said:

Trump before election.jpg

You knew his history:

LAWSUITS.jpg

You knew about his seedy family life:

Aug 1 Coverup.jpg

And like this guy, his stripes haven't changed over time:

striped_skunk (1).jpg

You were conned into thinking he was a winner:

trump bankruptcy.jpg

And now, you get to live with this:

lookatme.png

It's the sad fall of a great political party, that lost it's way.  What pieces are going to be left, and how they are going to be reassembled remains to be seen.  We'll know part of the puzzle soon....

Tick Tock....

Jen

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Most of the people there at last nights dinner were Rebublican....they turned on their own, and if you didn't watch it all, maybe you shouldn't be commenting on it.  It was nothing short of a disgrace on the part of Sniffy....

Tick Tock....

Jen

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I think you are confused. Mrs. Clinton laughed at all of Donald's jokes and smiled through the rest. I watched and I saw it. You? Doanld read from a script and barely had occasion to do his hand gestures, eyes on the script most the time. As I recall, whether one reads from a script or not is a very important matter to you, or at least it was once upon a time.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Of course there were mostly repubs, it was a charity event. The repubs are more against Trump than anyone. He threatens their good old boy establishment. They have to jump to Hillary's defense because she can't do it herself. The things Trump said is true.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

says it all...

trumpPrey.jpg

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: says it all...

Trump had some good one liners.  He did.  The bumping into Secretary Clinton, and her saying, "Pardon me," was quite funny.  But then, he went into his political speech.  It wasn't funny anymore, to the point of him being booed multiple times and someone yelling, it think, "What (or maybe tell) a joke."  

The joke was the guy at the mic.  It wasn't funny anymore.  No one was laughing.  They mostly looked down at their tables, and probably wished they weren't there.  

I wasn't going to say anything about Sniffy not being prepared...like usual he wasn't.  Nuf said.....

Tick Tock....

Jen