cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

New lows for GOP favorability

http://www.businessinsider.com/gop-favorability-rating-new-low-2016-6

The disappointing state of the citizenry. In fairness, BI is a Bezos operation.

One can only hope that rather than being an either/or deal, favorability of the Democrat(ic) Party also declines.

Negatives on Trump at 70, Clinton 55.

The new is struggling to be birthed but labor will be difficult.

56 Replies
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: New lows for GOP favorability

an awful lot depends on how the question is framed. Just about everyone I know thinks

that Donald Trump is a first class jerk, yet they all plan on voting for him.

Go figure.

I guess the thought is that it is going to be better to have "our" jerk as POTUS rather than

"their" nice guy.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well, I have a unfavorable opinion of the GOP, probably not the same reason that the article is trolling for.  But if asked, I`d give an earfull of my dissatisfaction that many of the GOP like Ryan are Indian Givers, they endorse Trump then undermine him the very next week...I ate my share of crap sandwiches for the GOP candidates and kept my mouth shut, now when we finally nominate a good man, the damned Republican establishment is essentially campaigning for Hillary.....WTF???

I don`t know what else to say other than the establishment is throwing it to Hillary.  Because to steal it from Trump as they have planned, Trump won fair & square it`s not like he didn`t get to the magic 1240 votes or needed super delegates..Trump won the GOP nomination fair & square.

If it`s stolen from Trump, they can kiss good-bye to the presidency and country this November (whatever is left of a country after 8 yrs of Obama).  I mean..what i`m going to support Mitt Romney or whoever would be the receipient of a stolen nomination???   I don`t see enough Dems (or any) supporting a Republican just because the nomination is stolen from Trump.  I don`t see Steven Colbert making jokes how wonderful the Republicans are and how crooked Hillary is, just becuase the nomination is stolen from Trump.

So, yes mark me in the column of viewing the GOP unfavorably too.    

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

and kept my mouth shut,

LOL ha ha ha ha.......... if only !!! Smiley Very Happy

OH my sides !!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

bruce MN
Advisor

That seems foregone.  What remains is what can fill the void and be viable.

You Trump supporters can probably create an ongoing Trump party and find that you poll right in there with the Libertatians and The Greens.

Starting to hear mild optimism over The House possibly coming in to play for the Democrats.  Thickset people who you say are betraying Trump most most seriously not like him or they would be lying about it to save their party.  As s it is, once Trump is defeated, and likely broke, his loyalists aren't going to go back to the GOP.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: E x a c t l y !

04-06_11x17_wtf-george.jpg

Every idiot out there sells Trump short, every time. I wouldn't doubt that Trump doesn't have "dirt" on every one of those weasels. He will get them to "heel" in short order. 

The Left keeps forgetting that their nominee is a crook that is worthy of prison time. 

What are they going to do if she is indicted and arrested?  Is she too big to Jail?

Time will tell. 

I'm off now for a long bus trip with the JV-Varsity Softball team, and baking in the sun. 

image.jpeg

hardnox
Advisor

Might be a bit of premature triumphalism like the Trumpites a couple weeks ago.

But as not much of a DLC/Clintonite I'm far from euphoric at the prospect, perhaps mildly relieved at best.

To me, the larger question is who is best to be left holding the Old Maid and I really can't call that.

bruce MN
Advisor

No ztriumphalism there as I see a Clinton win, over anybody, as thin soup for the Democrats.  But there are a few real ones popping up here and there and a few of them winning seats would be a good thing.  

One of the last times we had a D pres and a go-along Congress was the 1st term her old man served and much seriously regressive damage was done.

hardnox
Advisor

Oh I know, not directed at you.

Yes, that first Clinton term, not to excuse him and the D's, was also when the GOP learned how to rule as the minority party.

Packard27
Senior Contributor

My brother thinks he's a chicken, but I don't dare turn him in because my family still needs the eggs.

Hillary may be a crook and a tool of Wall Street, but always remember as we approach November, that she is our crook and our tool of Wall Street. When the going gets tough, she can be counted upon to "do the right thing." Say what you will about the existing, albeit dysfunctional status quo of our first constitutional scholar President and his hapless administration, some of us still need the eggs.

Oh, and God bless America too...ehh?