cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: New lows for GOP favorability

Trump will do nothing to close those. Us small farmers will continue to compete against the big Almighty Big Government funded super farmers. We will continue to pick at the crumbs they don't care about.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BA; your links about immigrants and crime are opinion pieces and the giveaway is the last paragraph of one which says that since they do not think Obama has a good immigration policy then their supposition must be right rather than government numbers.

So here is another take on immigrants and crime from a reputable news source.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-mythical-connection-between-immigrants-and-crime-1436916798

They might start by pointing out that numerous studies going back more than a century have shown that immigrants—regardless of nationality or legal status—are less likely than the native population to commit violent crimes or to be incarcerated. A new report from the Immigration Policy Center notes that while the illegal immigrant population in the U.S. more than tripled between 1990 and 2013 to more than 11.2 million, “FBI data indicate that the violent crime rate declined 48%—which included falling rates of aggravated assault, robbery, rape, and murder. Likewise, the property crime rate fell 41%, including declining rates of motor vehicle theft, larceny/robbery, and burglary.”

A separate IPC paper from 2007 explains that this is not a function of well-behaved high-skilled immigrants from India and China offsetting misdeeds of Latin American newcomers. The data show that “for every ethnic group without exception, incarceration rates among young men are lowest for immigrants,” according to the report. “This holds true especially for the Mexicans, Salvadorans, and Guatemalans who make up the bulk of the undocumented population.”

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Blacksand; belief does not cut it in my world as I rely on facts.

Facts speak for themselves about Trump, he is a racist, proven in many of his speaches.

So believe away and vote for him if you wish but at least admit the FACT that he promotes racism, biggotry and hatred.

Be honest with yourself even if you decide to vote for him.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Th e Wall Street Journal is written by and for big business who want nothing more than cheap labor.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BA; a bigot is someone who is "a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"

You do not know me well or you would know it does not fit.

i have a business partner who is very religious, i have associates/friends who participate in different religions.

you equate my pointing out the fallacies of peoples beliefs on this site as bigotry while all I do is ask for proof of things rather than just a belief.

That seems to be upsetting to many when they realize they have no proof, can provide nothing but a belief in things which are, when you seriously think about them, highly improbable.

Bigotry is not the same as requiring proof of a claim.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

3020; the opinion pieces provided ny BA were written by ????????

I think the writers were motivated by political intentions not facts.

Much less chance of bias in a well recognized news paper.

But you go ahead and believe what suits your purpose and if you find any facts then tell me about them.

Trump is still a racist, bigot, hate mongerer and misogynist.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Those who are intolerant are muslims who slaughter gays wholesale. They must be kept from a decent society. Those whop give them support are as intolerant as they are.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Trump wants to protect the American people from hate. The kind of hate which separated two Canadians from their heads.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

You confuse racism with being racially aware. 

A particular race jumps and runs well, others not as much.  Holstein cows give lots of milk, Angus cows make calves with fast growth and muscle. They are not the same. 

Being aware of differences is not racism. 

Being an atheist and caustic toward Christian people, but not Islamists (which wants to kill you)  is bigoted, and confusing. 

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

3020; since we were talking about Trump and his racism why did you switch to muslims and ignore those 'mexicans' (who happen to be mostly Catholic) that Trump wants to keep out and send home?