Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
32 Replies
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: New movie

Looks interesting.

I bet some on this site will not believe it though.

But that’s not the only factor — as “Merchants of Doubt” itself shows. The film ends by telling the story of Bob Inglis, the conservative former South Carolina congressman who changed his mind about global warming, accepted that it was real and — for this reason among others — was voted out of office in the Tea Party sweep of 2010. Inglis now makes it his job to talk to conservatives in their own language about climate change, and to try to move them — meaning he’s perhaps closer than anyone to the sources of resistance.

So it’s appropriate to end with a quotation from him in the film, showing just how powerful the “demand” side remains:

“It’s not just a head thing, this is very much a heart issue. … Many conservatives I think see action on climate change as really an attack on a way of life. The reason that we need the science to be wrong is otherwise, we realize that we need to change. That’s really a hard pill to swallow — that the whole way I’ve created my life is wrong, you’re saying? That I shouldn’t have this house in the suburbs, that I shouldn’t be driving this car. … And you’re not going to tell me to live the way that you want to live. And along come some people with sowing some doubt, and it’s pretty effective, because I’m looking for that answer. I want it to be that the science is not real.”

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

How was that trip to bermuda, canuck?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well of course "climate changes"...always has, always will and sometimes climate change is a good thing.  We sure the hell aren`t warming though, I`ll tell you that, I freeze my ass off every damned winter, the Great Lakes pert-near freeze over every winter.  I might fall for this "man made' climate change crap if they said what`s really happening...it`s getting colder!! but when they lie and or are stupid sticking to their guns about things 'getting warmer" they lose any small credibility that they ever had.

But, know why, they are married to the position of things getting warmer and that`s the only way to stiffle economic activity and tax and regulate.  If they told the truth about things getting colder, they`d have to actually encourage the burning of carbon to save the world by "warming it up" purposely.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Do you know any reason ba, that people that believe in agw cant change their own lives, completely voluntarily, to live in a less energy intensive manner?

I've asked this question before, always met with silence. Its an exceptionally shallow person who thinks things need to change but wont change unless they can also force it on others.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

hey Sam, the push behind AWG is a "new world order", these "foot soldiers' that we see on here fall into about 3 camps.  #1 those that want to matter, save the world, 15 minutes of fame, either be Kim Kardashian or date Kim kardashian.  2. People that really know better, but want a new world order and will be willfully ignorant and spout things like 90% of scientists say man made warming is true..yada yada yada.   3. People that are literally too damned dumb to come in out of the rain, they want gay marriage and entitlements and if the Democrats give them those things so they pay back the liberals by carrying water on global warming...all the while they get frost bite.

here`s what Einstein would say about the 90% of bought off "scientists"

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins100017.html  

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Do you do that on purpose ?

NO WAY can you  be THAT  ignorant. I just cant belive it. 

Now if you respond with gay marriage, farms under a mile of ice, dead sparkles bla bla bla, then DON'T bother !

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Samthehumble wrote:

Do you know any reason ba, that people that believe in agw cant change their own lives, completely voluntarily, to live in a less energy intensive manner?

I've asked this question before, always met with silence. Its an exceptionally shallow person who thinks things need to change but wont change unless they can also force it on others.

Al Gore says your kind need to face punishment.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

When liberals stop using carbon based fuels, crush their cars, trucks, and stop taking trips on jet planes, .... I'll start to listen to them.
Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Al gore knows that anything he accomplishes as far as forced reductions in c02 wont affect his lifestyle in the slightest.