cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Nice kids

An elderly gent should be in a care center is living alone because his family does not want to burn up his assets. Therefore my daughter has been assign to look out for him. She is a social worker. The other day she was on a visit and his grandson was there to fix his tv remote. The patient though it need new batteries and he took it out side to fix it.

Come to find out his family doesn't want him to burn up his assets on cable tv either.

Thats why grandpas tv isn't working.

29 Replies
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: Nice kids

Don,

If I lived closer, I'd give him an antenna capable TV to watch. Could be all he needs is a converter and a little antenna or just an antenna. Poor old guy. 

After reading here the past couple of days I suppose the proper conservative response to that would be for your daughter to get out of that big government program she works for and stay home and cook and clean and raise a bunch of babies and subserve her husband.  Then whatever it may be that upsets her enough that she  share it with her Father could move over into the "out of sight, out of mind" column.

I wonder if those thankless b######s pick the old man up on Sunday moring and take him along to church?

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

daughter works part time for a firm that does have a gov't contract. Her second job is as a youth pastor. Busy busy busy!

to be contrary

There could be more to the story.  You know two sides and all.

I've know a few who treated their children so poorly that they deserve every bad turn of the screw they get.  One guy worked his kids like dogs when they were growing up.  One daughter who milked the cows, every day, twice a day, from 10yo till The day she left for college, built her own herd.  Her father sold her cows after she went to school and pocketed the money.   One of his kids who refused to work to his satisfaction got beat with a section of milk line, regularly.  Most people who meet that guy now come away thinking he is the kindest old soul and don't understand how his kids could treat him so poorly.  Reap what you sow.   

Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

@KNAPPer wrote:

Don,

If I lived closer, I'd give him an antenna capable TV to watch. Could be all he needs is a converter and a little antenna or just an antenna. Poor old guy. 

This.  http://www.google.com/search?q=free+to+air+satellite&tbm=shop

You pay once for the equipment, then enjoy FREE satellite TV from around the world.  Add an antenna for the local channels.  You will even receive TV from Iran, then maybe some of you will find out that they aren't nearly as bad and life in Iran isn't nearly as horrible as you are being told by the Zionist dominant TV in the West.

Re: to be contrary

Good points Sam.  Have surely seen the likes of that also.  But, thankfully, the rare exception.

But, yeah, nothing seems to stick with people longer throughout life than having been raised up in an atmosphere of abuse and ridicule.  Truth be told, your telling of the girl and her cows choked me up.  Made head movies.

Completely true story Bruce.   The girl told me about coming home for Xmas her freshman year in college.  Her dad met her going out the drive, glad your home, milk while I'm gone I need a vacation.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

I assume that the dad had been milking while she was in school???

When she went off to school.