Personal responsibility is radical?

Samnospam
Advisor

Re: Nice work baggers

Sell a farm don
cotman03
Senior Contributor

300 million Americans can't afford health care?  I know you are finally wrong about something.  You are also wrong when you say "we want the ride and are willing to pay for it."  I don't want the ride and being forced to pay for it isn't much fun either.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Then can we expect when your turn comes to ride you will reject the offer.

This is no different than private insurance in that every one pays for the service and everyone will qualify to ride when their day comes. When you reach that age you will wonder why everyone isn't included as beneficiaries..

Our current approach to private insurance and healthcare is simply mindless

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

What do you do about people that don't have a farm. Is that medicare/medicaid tax really crushing for you Sam? Wait until you taste those premium increasea in your 60's and think what they would be in your 70's and 80's.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Don, the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services own Office of Actuary warns that the Obama Medicare cuts are unsustainable.

Obama's Medicare cuts will result in many doctors and facilities refusing to take on Medicare patients and making it harder for the elderly to stay in their own homes by making it harder for them to get assistance for home health services.

"One of the most important factors in projecting Medicare expenditures are the annual payment updates to Medicare providers. The estimates shown in the 2011 Trustees Report are complicated substantially by mandated reductions in these payment updates for most Medicare services…..  It is reasonable to expect that Congress would find it necessary to legislatively override or otherwise modify the reductions in the future to ensure that Medicare beneficiaries continue to have access to health care services."

The truth is politicians no matter what their party affiliation need to make some to choices are where to cut spending.  Many sheeple like to believe it is only the other party cutting Medicare and other programs for the needy but the facts are quite different as I have been trying to tell you for some time.

Did you know that part of Obama's proposed spending cuts include cutting the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), nearly in half . Housing for older Americans would be cut $68 million to $757 million, with most of the cuts coming from new construction for needy seniors.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Being you are so concerned about the Obama cut to medicare, then may I assume that you will be for  raising taxes to replentish the needed funds.

Obama will not be the cause of medicare failure. If it happens it will be the right trying to diminish it.

I urge you to consider your tax return and how much you pay for  Fica taxes to cover medicaid/medicare. I dare say that if they raised that tax by 50% it would not be painful for anyone. In fact it should have been done decades ago. More of that no tax increases nonsense.

WE do not need to reform medicare! We need to pay for it.

The only way I would vote to change it is to include everybody. BTW ask your congressman and senators if they intend to cut their own retirement and medical care benefit. I haven't heard them talking about that. Have you?

Samnospam
Advisor

If the people who have the wealth pay their own way do, there might be money to help those who can't.
hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Are subsidies and personal responsibilkity one in the same in your line of work.     just a radical thought

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I think that is what most Dems have been saying but most of you rightwingers don't seem to agree with that!