cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Nissan 350Z questions

Does anyone know anything about these cars.  I kind of like the looks and I've heard they offer performance as well as decent gas mileage.

I'm interested in an automatic one, I'm becoming more shiftless as I grow older.

But they have several different models and I don't know which one would be considered the best.  I know I don't want a convertible and I can't afford a brand new one.  It will have to be a few years old.

Any help is appreciated.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Nissan 350Z questions

I happen to have a 2006 roadster with 67000 miles, touring model which has leather, navigation, bose radio but it has a 6 speed manual which is really the only way to go and it is for sale at $17250 and I'll deliver it.

3o13p83lb5Z05X05S4b4e9615f20290201a2b.jpg

3k23mc3p85T05P55S2b4e530354fb945613f2.jpg3nb3k83mb5V35Z05X1b4e6cace312970b1f93.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

Rt-66.jpg

I'm very serious.  I need a 1 ton pickup and have to get rid of this beauty.  These cars are the best for the buck of any two seater.  A real blast to drive and very nimble and quick.  I belong to the Desert Z Association and we about 80 members with everything from 240Zs up to GTRs.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Nice car.  However I don't want a convertible and my wife doesn't want a manual trans.  From looking at ads you shouldn't have any problem selling your's. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Thanks

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Roadsters are the only way to go with a sports car.  It is a buyer's market at least out here.  Private party sale on my car is over $22K but I have it listed at $17250 now and still haven't sold it and it is in very good condition.  Good luck!  They are great cars!  However, my 2nd childhood is over and I need a truck again.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I can't tell you about that specific model, but I can tell you that I have owned two Nissan Frontiers, one I let go at ten years of age with 165K and one I still own that is 11 years old with 175K. Both vere virtually free of maintenance their entire years of service to me. Both were 4WD and did their job. Both were assembled in the USA by US workers. I also had a 86 and a half too, but wanted a 4WD to get to hunting spots. My only real point is that Nissan makes quality automobiles that are reliable. For cars in its class, I bet the Z is an excellent choice. BTW...my last truck is an automatic and I have had no trouble with the tranny. One thing you may want to look up and consider since you are thinking used is the timing belt. Not sure about the Z, but it may beed a new timing belt around 80K - worth looking up. A good mechanic can do it for a few hundred if this is a model that needs that and I think most Nissans are.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Kind of surprising that it hasn't sold.  Given your age and your looks I would think most buyers would snap it up from you rather than some 20 something kid that had a different exhaust, air filter and some other go fast stuff on theirs. 

We may disagree on a lot of things and you may periodically call me stupid but I'd be will to bet with your background that car has been well maintained.

One question, does the heat and air have dual controls?  It seems my wife is always colder or hotter than me when we ride.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

No.  The interior is small enough that it would sorta defeat the purpose.  It does have separate controls on the heated seats.  I don't really understand it either but maybe those with money want something newer and those without can't afford a toy.  I don't feel I can go much lower though so will just have to wait and see.  If I trade it I have to pay sales tax on what I get in trade but if I sell the car and then find a private owner's truck, there is no sales tax.  It even has an extended warranty to 100K and service contract for another 17K or about 3-4 more servicing appts all paid for.