cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: No abortion allowed, woman dies

@Nebrfarmr wrote:

in I understand your reference, but look at it deeper.

The Nazis were 'following the law'.  and that led to the killing of millions of Jews.  The Nazis didn't care, for the most part, because they felt the Jews were 'less than human'.

Abortion doctors, also 'follow the law' which leads to the killing of millions of fetuses.  They use the same excuse, that a fetus is 'less than human'.

I think, you and I can agree, that the Jews, were truly 'human'.   To the Catholics, and many others, so is a fetus.

Personally, I belive there is a point, where the fetus becomes 'human'.  We should all agree, that it is 'human' before it is born, there are plenty of examples of people walking around, that were not carried to full term, by vaginal birth.  The question, is at what point, do they become human?   Since I am not smart enough, to know exactly when that occurs, I would much rather err to the side of protecting one, that is not yet fully 'human', than err the other way, and wind up advocating the killing of an actual person, under the assumption that it is 'less than human'.  I hope you understand my point of view of that.

Now, I am not Catholic, and do not belive that abortions should not ever be performed under any circumstances, but more of the opinion, that the fetus is likely also a human life, not just something to be thrown away, and that needs to be weighed in the decision to abort or not.

The fate of the miscarrying fetus has already been decided by the woman's body.

There is no decision to make except to speed up the final outcome for the health of the woman who is already alive in all respects.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Because of abortion, woman dies

The thing yoou are missing is the woman in Ireland had no choice because of a religious 'belief' that was not even her religion that was forced on her.

A woman going in for an abortion makes that decision herself and no one knows how many of the deaths from abortion may have been deaths from pregnancy or complications from pregnancy either.

In the case in Ireland the fetus was going to die anyway. The woman's body had already decided that, presumably without the woman's input and then the Irish religious law decided medicine could not help her although they were quite able to and the result was the 'non beliver' woman dying from a preventable medical situation.

Forced death by others religious 'beliefs'.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Re:ever hear of abortion

@lpman wrote:

or has that not made the news where you live--and yes GOD has heard these children and theri blood will be on the abortiuon backers --may GOD have mercy on their poor wretched souls

Which 'god'?

Which 'god' will come after the US armed forces who have killed thousands of innocents as well as a few bad guys?

Maybe some 'god' will come after those of you who supported these killings.

Makes life much better when you realize there is no magical 'gods' and that you have to take the blame for these atrocities your self.  Then you are not so quick to force your will on others and kill in the process.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Just a thought, but I wonder if when that rule was instituted by the church, if they didn't have the technology to know the details of a situation like what came up in Ireland. As to my mother, she had no surgery, it was inoperable, and no treatment was working, they basically sent her home to die.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I was meaning in general. With this case specifically, I believe my personal opinion has been stated before: you save the one life you can, rather than let both parish. I was merely trying to explain the Catholic viewpoint as I best understood it.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Ireland has NO non-Catholic hospitals or clinics?
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: i expect gooboy will find out

Classic reply Moll.  When all you godbotherers run out of excuses for your pathetic beliefs, you attempt to make the non believers feel guilty by suggesting they will be damned to hell. The fact is, there is no heaven or hell so I do not have anything to worry about. I feel sorry for you as when you die you are expecting eternal life in some paradise somewhere but all that will come to the you is dust and maggotts.  If they start at your head it will not take them long to get to your shoulders as there is nothing in your head.

Aren't you glad now that you made that smart alec remark in an attempt to make me look stupid.  Who has got who now dumbass.  Stick to your bible and ripping off all those stupid customers.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Nebrfarmr wrote:
Ireland has NO non-Catholic hospitals or clinics?

That is right.

And what I was trying to point out is how a religious law enforced on all, for what ever reason they might think it is right, is not fair to those who do not believe in their idea of a god.

If it is so important for them to put the life of a woman at risk then why do they need a law to enforce it on everyone. Let those who want to believe in this god do as they wish and allow others to get help from modern medicine.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Or the non believers can start their own hospitals.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: i expect gooboy will find out

@gough whitlam wrote:

Classic reply Moll.  When all you godbotherers run out of excuses for your pathetic beliefs, you attempt to make the non believers feel guilty by suggesting they will be damned to hell. The fact is, there is no heaven or hell so I do not have anything to worry about. I feel sorry for you as when you die you are expecting eternal life in some paradise somewhere but all that will come to the you is dust and maggotts.  If they start at your head it will not take them long to get to your shoulders as there is nothing in your head.

Aren't you glad now that you made that smart alec remark in an attempt to make me look stupid.  Who has got who now dumbass.  Stick to your bible and ripping off all those stupid customers.

It always makes me smile too when they threaten me with something that I know is non existent.

Just like all those prayers they are saying for me.

At least praying does keep them busy for a while.