cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Because of abortion, woman dies

That is an advertising gimmick that those opposed to abortion use.

Sort of like the many names companies use to descibe their product that mislead people to think something different from reality.

 

Reality is the definition of a child or a baby is; after birth.

Before birth it is a fetus.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Because of abortion, woman dies


@Canuck_2 wrote:

That is an advertising gimmick that those opposed to abortion use.

Sort of like the many names companies use to descibe their product that mislead people to think something different from reality.

 

Reality is the definition of a child or a baby is; after birth.

Before birth it is a fetus.


Your definition is an advertising gimmick the pro death use. It is not a child, just a bunch of tissue that looks like a child. In some cases they are called monsters. How can a fetus be called a monster when it is nothing but a bunch of tissue. Tissue does not have a heart beat, a child does. A child has a brain. A child sucks it's thumb while still inside his/her mother womb. A child is precious and has the right to draw it's first breath, not have a pair of scissors stuck in the back of it's skull and it's brains sucked out for the convenience of those who are breathing.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Because of abortion, woman dies

Yes I understand you are against all abortions.

 

That will not change the official terms that describ the stages of growth.

A child is not a child until the fetus has exited the woman's body.

 

You do not like those terms but they are what properly describe the process.

 

Saying the fetus has a heartbeat just does not sell your 'product' like misnaming it does.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Because of abortion, woman dies

It's only a fetus to those whose "belief" is that it is not a human life or that it is a monster. I am against all abortions unless it is to save the life of the mother. There the main goal is to save life, not end it.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Because of abortion, woman dies


@r3020 wrote:

It's only a fetus to those whose "belief" is that it is not a human life or that it is a monster. I am against all abortions unless it is to save the life of the mother. There the main goal is to save life, not end it.


You really have it twisted don't you?

The definition is fetus until fully emerged from woman's body.

 

I do not have to "belief" anything I just go by the definition.

Those who try to change the definition to call a fetus a 'child' or a 'baby' are the ones working on belief.

 

So after all this mumbo jumbo you admit that the Irish law which prevented the lady from receiving timely health care is wrong and you are for aborting a fetus which is already being miscarried in order to save the ladies life.

Good. That is what I maintained from the first post. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Because of abortion, woman dies


@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

It's only a fetus to those whose "belief" is that it is not a human life or that it is a monster. I am against all abortions unless it is to save the life of the mother. There the main goal is to save life, not end it.


You really have it twisted don't you?

The definition is fetus until fully emerged from woman's body.

 

I do not have to "belief" anything I just go by the definition.

 


What says your definition is right and mine is wrong. Who wrote your definition? The definition is your belief.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Because of abortion, woman dies

From http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/fetus

 

Definition of FETUS

: an unborn or unhatched vertebrate especially after attaining the basic structural plan of its kind; specifically: a developing human from usually two months after conception to birth—compare embryo
 
Definition of fetus

noun (plural fetuses)

  • an unborn or unhatched offspring of a mammal, in particular, an unborn human more than eight weeks after conception.

noun (plural children /ˈtʃɪldr(ə)n/)

  • a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority:she’d been playing tennis since she was a childthe film is not suitable for children
  • a son or daughter of any age:when children leave home, parents can feel somewhat redundant
  • an immature or irresponsible person:she’s such a child!
  • a person who has little or no experience in a particular area:he’s a child in financial matters
  • (childrenarchaic the descendants of a family or people:the children of Abraham
  • (child of) a person regarded as the product of (a specified influence or environment):a child of the Sixties
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Because of abortion, woman dies

Has to be. The Almighty Webster says so.

 

This is not a child. Although we are not sure if he/she drew a breath or not. One thing for sure, he/she can not disagree with Almighty Webster.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Because of abortion, woman dies

Again, if it was the LAW, it is a government problem.  If the PEOPLE want the law changed, they can petition to change it.  If they cannot, does the law not have to be followed?

There are all kinds of dumb laws on the books because of all sorts of special interests, no need to single out a Catholic law.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Because of abortion, woman dies

So what you are saying, is if the Dr. killed him in the womb, it would have been OK, but since the Dr. removed him from the womb alive, he became a 'child' and granted all the rights of any other person.  How can it be, that on the very same day, he became a 'person', he could have been legally killed?   Does that not seen illogical?