cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Nobody's fool says Trump can win

Dems needed to brew up a better candidate? It should have been easy: http://m.startribune.com/wake-up-and-see-the-trump-card-he-can-win/380327951/?section=opinion
7 Replies
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Nobody's fool says Trump can win

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Of course Trump can and should win, for no other reason than Hillary is the most flawed candidate since....well, Obama.  But the country has become more immoral and corrupt and more Mexican since Obama first hoodwinked the nation starting in 2008.

Alot of "frogs" are feeling the boiling water and are trying to jump out of the pot...maybe it`s too late?   You know trump can be ahead in the polls, but he starts off handicapped too many states like California will never vote for a Republican...too many Mexicans and too many A-holes like Jennifer Lawence and George Cooney. 

It`ll come down to states like Ohio and Florida if Trump can`t win them, he can`t seal the deal.  But he`s a wild card, when the dust settles he might flip some blue states like New York.  I have to believe there`s a fair number of "political athiests" that have never voted will ride to the polling place on their Harley, extinguish their cigarette, go into the booth and cast their ballot for Trump and probably no other slimey politician on the ballot. 

People that know something are angry and will show up, question is will the Obama free ice cream crowd show up and overwhelm them.   I can`t believe this country is that far gone, I have to believe there`s still enough good in this country where honesty will be rewarded.  It`s just I have to confess that I never thought Donald Trump would be our flag bearer. 

hardnox
Advisor

Meh. I'm not too excited yet.

At this point in 1992 Bill Clinton was running well behind both GHWB and Perot, with Perot in 1st.

Of course that is a tricky comparison because for a lot of reasons- the first being that it turned out that Perot didn't really want to be President.

And another that The Folk hadn't been fed a regularly dose of AM/Cable meth via IV for 20+ years.

I am surprised- but shouldn't be given what I'm hearing- by the extent of the Trump male gender gap*- that may prove to be fairly durable.

Looking forward, I guess this would be my concern. As he's sagely observed, Trump really could shoot someone in the street and his voters wouldn't care. And it is a given that he'll be throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the opponent.

* universal military service and occasional mass casualties do serve society as a general check on male recklessness.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

This is an old poll, the miltary support for Trump has to be stronger today, but back in March Trump was the military`s favorite.  I don`t often ask questions that I don`t already know the answer, but just for fun tell us why you want to make "everyone a veteran" if those who`ve served tend to be conservative?   Smiley Happy

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/15/poll-the-military-wants-trump-to-be-president/

hardnox
Advisor

I've seen those polls and have actually been surprised it isn't higher.

The AVF is very heavily weighted toward the four biggest demographic boxes for Trump- authoritarianism, white, male, drawn from the lower middle class and the strata immediately surrounding it.

Might be a bit of the subtlety in understanding the conclusion of several Roman historians that the empire fell when it became dependent on mercenaries* and citizen participation in the military eroded.

*I'll rate the AVF as only half mercenary but more than half of the people who served in Iraq during the peak were pure mercenaries. So we'll call it 75%.

hardnox
Advisor

A further subtlety I'd note is that the primary Trump demo contributed in our two recent wars to a highly disproportionate degree.

Probably not an insignificant factor in the sense that We Are America.

It was still a fairly small percentage that actually particupated but you need to include the millions who managed to shoehorn their butts into stadium seats and cheer Our Troops.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You are really hilarious!  Thanks for the funnies!