cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Not a good night at the Fair

5 people were killed according to CNN.  Not so??

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yeah on Saturday night, but nobody was back in June for the Cheap Trick concert that I was referring to. I was remodeling Rick Neilson's daughter's house that he bought for her and her boyfriend. She's not too bad of a kid but she is a spoiled drama-queen type, and her parents aren't like that at all.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yes one can rest assured knowing full well that those liable will be protected by limits. Other wise those victims and their lawyers might get too much.

Highlighted

I would say this- Mitch Daniels is a very smart politician and he had to know that he is closely linked with the Indiana State Fair Board as he led the structural and financial reorganization of the fair early on in his first term and his peeps are all over the thing.

It is really smart to have created a heroic narrative about the whole thing but I have to say that as I assess the situation you or I or most any of us would have pitched if we were presented with that situation- it isn't like there was something else that was going to fall on you or there was a tornado coming down the track.

There isn't anything there to criticize or belittle, just saying that was amazingly good political spin on a bad situation.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Pretty sad to see cheap political shots made over such a tragedy.

From what I have heard the company that erected the structure was up to code and it was inspected and passed by the state.

If any fault is to be placed it is for the fair people in charge who had prior warnings of storms and high winds approaching hours before time but decided to let the show go on.   I'll bet they had to be greedy Repubs right Don?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@dagwud wrote:

From what I have heard the company that erected the structure was up to code and it was inspected and passed by the state.

If any fault is to be placed it is for the fair people in charge who had prior warnings of storms and high winds approaching hours before time but decided to let the show go on.   I'll bet they had to be greedy Repubs right Don?

dagwud; what I saw on news here, it was called 'an act of god' and then they went on to show people praying to their gods for those injured.

I thought if it was an act of god then there was no need for prayers since some god was already in charge.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@dagwud wrote:

dagwud; what I saw on news here, it was called 'an act of god' and then they went on to show people praying to their gods for those injured.

I thought if it was an act of god then there was no need for prayers since some god was already in charge.

You are a shameless Jackass. How dare you even act like you understood what you even just said. I've tried to understand "your" kind (the whopping 5% of all humans that are so smart you need to enlighten the rest of us) but no more.

Guys like this ruin public discourse and poison politics more than they already are. Canada was wise to throw out most of these Liberal nut jobs in the last 2 elections. They are so obsessed with putting down others just so the public won't see what pathetic little bottom dwellers they are. I really pity his kind. They really believe people agree with their atheist ramblings. They the only true minorities .... Don't they see that? People think they are the Kooks in the room... Sad thing for him is he thinks he is with the elites.

Why could Politics be left out of this?....

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@greenhouse man wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@dagwud wrote:

You are a shameless Jackass. How dare you even act like you understood what you even just said. I've tried to understand "your" kind (the whopping 5% of all humans that are so smart you need to enlighten the rest of us) but no more.

Guys like this ruin public discourse and poison politics more than they already are. Canada was wise to throw out most of these Liberal nut jobs in the last 2 elections. They are so obsessed with putting down others just so the public won't see what pathetic little bottom dwellers they are. I really pity his kind. They really believe people agree with their atheist ramblings. They the only true minorities .... Don't they see that? People think they are the Kooks in the room... Sad thing for him is he thinks he is with the elites.

Sorry I upset you so.

I heard that the other day and was left thinking the people putting the show together just did not think it out.

Not sure what Liberals had to do with the show that was saying in one breath that it was an act of god and in the next showing a prayer meeting to a god for those involved in it.

Of course maybe they were prayers of thanksgiving because those praying did not get hurt or killed in the stage blowing down.Smiley Wink

Laugh I was just pointing out the 2 different messages in one news item.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@greenhouse man wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@dagwud wrote:

Sorry I upset you so.

I heard that the other day and was left thinking the people putting the show together just did not think it out.

Not sure what Liberals had to do with the show that was saying in one breath that it was an act of god and in the next showing a prayer meeting to a god for those involved in it.

Of course maybe they were prayers of thanksgiving because those praying did not get hurt or killed in the stage blowing down.Smiley Wink

Laugh I was just pointing out the 2 different messages in one news item.

Yea! Thats a riot! I laugh about people's religion and Death everyday!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I didn't say anything about dems or repubs, but obviously some one thought that the show must go on with out consideration for public safety. If you don't agree that is your right. Dumb but your right.

I suppose that stage was built to code and was so strong that the community used it for a storm shelter. Tornado be damned, the show must go on!