cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Not going to Arlington?

Exactly  Bruce.  There are some on here that feel O must do everything how they feel and throw in some tradition.  It does notg make him a lesser president where ever he acknowledges the day.  Even Bush failed to attend on one occassion and guess what he was doing, overseas and grandstanding as usual.  He attended a cemetry in France I think but not one repig said a thing about that because he was their white haired boy.  They really need to have a look at he hypocracy they practice sometimes.

Honored Advisor

Fer his own political hide you`d think his handlers would tell him to delay vacations untill this whole oil spill deally is resolved. BTW, would it fricken kill the man to at least lay a wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldier??

Senior Contributor

What would you know about Arlington Mollie.  Have you ever been there? I'll bet half the people on here have never been there.

There is not some time of sinister plot by Obama to ignore Arlington on that day.  There is also no reason to obey the wishes of traditionalists. There is no less reverence associated with his absence.  No one cared about this until he said he wasn't going now ;you all want to shoot him.  Strange thing isn't it.

Senior Contributor

Hobby - Absolutely brilliant reply.  That should shut up some of the do gooders.

Veteran Advisor

Where is it written that the president has to do that.  I watched him lay a wreath somewhere earlier this year.  How do you know that he isn't going to honor the Illinois fallen heros while in Chicagp?  Will it kill you if he doesn't?

Senior Advisor

I would say that most of the Residents of Arlinton would just as soon he NOT show up.

Contributor

i have been there to see and memorialize the vets---contrary to odummer who skipped arlington to vacation-----skipped la oil slick to vacation-----skipped the economy to vacation----- basically he fits in so well in the hood they alwasys skip work-----he must be a full breed

Senior Advisor

Re: BY THE WAY

Reagan the great went to Arlington on memorial day one time in 8 years of his presidency. Clinton went all 8 years of his presidency and those since have not gone every year.

You just want another peeing contest to diminish this president.

Veteran Advisor

Re: BY THE WAY

@kraft-t wrote:

You just want another peeing contest to diminish this president.

Actually, this "president" is doing a very fine job of diminishing himself!

Senior Contributor

come on guys, there's no Obama voters there

No Obama voters at Alington, he's going where the votes are.