cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gurly3801539
Advisor

Re: Not one republican vote for the Covid Relief Bill, ..

Every dime going into college savings account....

Just the other day you were complaining about people putting the money away because they didn't need it and the people that did need it weren't getting it.

r3020
Senior Advisor

So Bruce you brag about putting tax payer funded relief money into a college savings account for the grand kids. You should have stopped there. But you went on to say so they would not be a burden to the tax payers......see what you did there????.....that sears and roebucks diploma of your has sure come in handy hasn't it.

roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

You can’t call it the covid relief bill when a large percentage of the money has nothing to do with the virus.

That’s the thing that voters will remember. 

bruce MN
Advisor

Nobody is being asked if they want it.

You’ll have to dig that reference up. The Bill was just passed a few hours ago and hasn’t been signed yet. 

Millions who do, now will. Along with millions who probably don’t. His household included. included.

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: I get a real kick out of all those republican governors, ...

Sammy’s Sen. Portman huddled with some D’s on an amendment “in the spirit of compromise” and then, of course,  voted against it.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: I get a real kick out of all those republican governors, ...

When Trump was a lame duck, he wanted to send  out $2000 checks, the Dems pooh-poohed it (I suppose not wanting him to get credit).  As far as the "popularity " of the Covid bill (this is a lesson in sausage making)  if the $1400 checks bill that would cost $600 billion were stand alone , it would pass in bipartisan fashion.  BUT, the EXTRA $1.3 Trillion standing alone would not at all be popular, it would pass though right down partylines minus Senator Manchin.  

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

So Bruce you brag about putting tax payer funded relief money into a college savings account for the grand kids. You should have stopped there. But you went on to say so they would not be a burden to the tax payers......see what you did there????.....that sears and roebucks diploma of your has sure come in handy hasn't it.

Great picking up of the big picture Ron.

bruce MN
Advisor

OMG. Just did the math

The one true former God of “conservatism” R. Reagan hooked the nation up with the stereotypical icon, The Welfare Queen.

She’s currently single and has 6 kids 17 and under. She’s going to get a check for $9800.00 next week some time.

Nowhere near as fat a deal as 39% of all income in one relatively small sector of the greater economy coming from the same Federal government.

bruce MN
Advisor

Long time ago. 50 years come June. Paid cash or repaid loans for the 60 some % of it what wasn’t covered by an academic scholarship. 

Only ever got one degree. Was very useful. Not just the piece of paper but also a thing or two that I learned. 

More than anything might have been, in retrospect, recognizing the smoke that was being blown up my ###. It was during the ascendancy of The Chicago School. I’ve still got the Milton Friedman books that we were assigned in a box upstairs somewhere.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

Long time ago. 50 years come June. Paid cash or repaid loans for the 60 some % of it what wasn’t covered by an academic scholarship. 

Only ever got one degree. Was very useful. Not just the piece of paper but also a thing or two that I learned. 

More than anything might have been, in retrospect, recognizing the smoke that was being blown up my ###. It was during the ascendancy of The Chicago School. I’ve still got the Milton Friedman books that we were assigned in a box upstairs somewhere.

Business major, lol