cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Recognize what the response is directed toward.......

I know which response it was aimed at and I asked if you ever tried to save money.  Well?  Past history of the most recent "old" administration seems to go along very well with kraft's assessment.  People without jobs were told to pack up and move if they couldn't find jobs like that is something anyone can do any time they wish.  They also, and still do, fought tooth and toenail over raising the minimum wage.  They want to break the union and do away with collective bargaining.  If that isn't to keep wages down what do you suppose it is for?

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Bart, imagine how much grief Bush would have caught if he had been the one to freeze federal employees's salaries for two years.   It is odd how quiet Dems have been on that since it was done by one of their own.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Could it not be that most think it is the correct thing to do and NOT that it is some political thing to do??

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Never crossed his mind. Everything this President does has to political, right?

GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

Do you NOT try to save money?  I find it comical how loosey goosey some are with other people's money, but then are extremely tight fisted with their "own" money. 

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Not sayin''...just wondering

I didn't vote for him, but I have paid a bunch of taxes. AND you folks have done your share to make sure he fails.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I'm glad that I can supply you with comic relief but you're the joke because the post was aimed at the fellow who called another poster a hypocrite for trying to find ways to save money on things he had to buy or for services he needed.

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

dagwud
Senior Contributor

"Never crossed his mind. Everything this President does has to political, right?"

You are missing the point.  Many Dems believe that when Obama froze federal employee's wages for two years it is the right thing to do.  Yet if Bush were our current president and froze wages for two years many of you same folks would be complaining about Bush and Repubs targeting labor and the little guy. 

It does seem a bit hypocritical to always be complaining about  Repubs screwing over labor and somehow being responsible for jobs moving overseas and then go south of the border for one's dental needs in order to save a few bucks.   Maybe if dental assistants were in a union it would be different.