Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Roosevelt got it........

Nice to be able to pullout a snippet or two but you jokers would have HATED TR if he'd have been faced with what we are tod......oh, wait,he was. There wouldn't be an investment banker above the clerk level who wouldn't be under investigation and facing the possiblity of destitution and/or hard time.

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Bring it on........

I'd have a serious time believing that there are very many people involved in the current capital and credit intensive world of production ag who would want the banking system in it's current form messed with very much. Speculation and unregulted derivate activities are at the heart of this ag boom.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: It's apparent alright.......

Just because it is eating your brain up that you don't personally know these facts doesn't mean that no one else does.

Samnospam
Advisor

Re: Roosevelt got it........

And how ironic that teddys ego effectively got us the corrupt progressivist system we have today.
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

Re: Recognize what the response is directed toward.......

Why can't the gov't find ways to save money for services needed?

GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

Re: Bring it on........

Actually, I think you will find that most of us do believe there needs to be something done to reel in the unbridled speculation and unregulated derivatives.  I read an article the other day that stated hedge funds have 1.92 trillion invested in commodities now.  This is almost a mirror image of the amount of money they had invested in 2008.  Look how things are off to the races again.  We learned absolutely nothing from the credit crisis in 2008, and it appears as though we're speeding towards the same cliff we fell off of in 2008.  The biggest thing the U.S. is exporting now is inflation.  Some World food organization put food inflation Worldwide jumping at 25% in 2010.  Helicopter Ben is single handedly making sure we create inflation somewhere.  China is caught between a rock and a hard place.  They don't like our fiscal policy, but they can't afford to not buy our debt.  The inevitable crash that is coming will take years if not decades to rebuild.  There's plenty of blame to go around for each party. 

A promise of hope and change really meant same old same old.  Bush took us into Iraq for something that was supposed to be over fast.  Obama takes us into Libya promising it will be over fast.  Bush completely ignored the looming credit crisis.  Obama completely ignores the looming credit crisis.  I'm really having a difficult time with people who stand behind Obama all the while bad mouthing Bush.  It appears to me that both of them as president are doing things exactly the same.  Bush gave us another entitlement program with the medicare prescription drug benefit.  Obama gave us another entitlement program known as Obamacare.  Federal deficits have spiraled out of control under both Bush and Obama.  Both Bush and Obama have been asleep at the wheel with regards to the financial system oversight.   

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Recognize what the response is directed toward.......

You don't want the govt to start telling dentists and business men what to charge for their services.  Insurance companies already tell consumers what they will pay and the consumer has to pay the rest.  That is why people SHOP.