Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Even Bo knows.......

As I said before, it doesn't matter that YOU don't know.  You aren't that important.  You can think and say any and all you want to but it doesn't change the FACT that he doesn't have to prove ANYTHING to you or the rest of the rednecks out there.

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Even Bo knows.......

No, you are wrong.  He proved his citizenship to the people that matter to get into the election.  Now just because you don't like him and don't like the idea that he is elected doesn't mean that he has to show any proof to you or anyone else other than the election officials.  Are you a redneck?  You're from Illinois and I didn't call you any names.

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: You are entitled to your opinion.......

I know that mine says my name, sex, date and place of birth.  Issued by the state of Illinois.  That was good enough to get me a top secret clearance from the FBI and the NSA.  I would assume that like in a local election, the election officer is responsible for determining the eligibility of the candidate.  But don't you really believe that if there was any doubt at all, Mrs. Clinton would have been all over it.  I mean you guys are always accusing them of things like fraud and arranging for people to die and all sorts of other stuff.  Don't you think she would have stopped him?  Maybe he is being stubborn but I really don't think he has to prove it to a bunch of people who hate him so much that they conjure up this notion that he wasn't born here.  One thing.  You can look it up yourself but for a US citizen even one with dual citizenship MUST use a US Passport to leave and enter the US.  To get a US Passport, you HAVE to have a US birth certificate and not a certificate of live birth.  Now figure it out.  Is he a citizen? is he a natural born citizen?

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: The Real Mutt.......

The real mutt in the White House is the one who thinks he is the Decider-In-Chief.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Based on what you say.......

I never said that it did and it wasn't a "birth certificate".  It was a "certificate of birth".  Natural born means at least one parent a natural US citizen (his mother) and that he was born in the US or a possession (Hawaii is and was a state in 1961) thus a natural born citizen.  To prove citizenship for a passport:  

. PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP

APPLICANTS BORN IN THE UNITED STATES: Submit a previous U.S. passport or certified birth certificate. Passports that are limited in validity will need to be supplemented by other evidence. A birth certificate must include your full name, date and place of birth, sex, date the birth record was filed, the seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records (state, country, or city/town office), and the full names of your parent(s).

- If the birth certificate was filed more than 1 year after the birth: It must be supported by evidence described in the next paragraph. - If no birth record exists: Submit a registrar's notice to that effect. Also, submit a combination of the following evidence: an early baptismal or circumcision certificate, hospital birth record, early census, school, medical, or family Bible records, or newspapers or insurance files. Notarized affidavits of persons having knowledge of your birth may be submitted in addition to some of the records listed above. Evidence should include your given name and surname, date and/or place of birth, and the seal or other certification of the office (if customary) and the signature of the issuing official. Visit travel.state.gov for details.

Then you have to have something with your signature and picture to prove that you really are you.  For people born in the US, this is what is needed and there are really NO OTHER ways top do it.

It is my opinion, which is every bit as good as yours, that he has proven it to the people who count--that is the election officials--we aren't among those folks.  He has no obligation to prove anything to the rest of us.  I wonder if you showed as much concern over McCain's lack of being "natural US born".  The law granting natural born status to children born in the Panama Canal Zone was passed when mccain was 1 year old thus making him NOT natural born but the US Senate passed a resolution stating that he was a natural born citizen and was eligible to be president.

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor