cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Not that the election offered any real choice on the larger matter

but fascinating, nevertheless. More than ever the game is played via the science of manipulating opinion via the evolutionary lizard brain.

Among the common gateways to the id are religion induced sexual neuroses, fear of The Other and a preference for myth and superstition over science if it sounds nicer.

As I said, it isn't as though there was any real choice offered in these matters but still remarkable to watch as we decided to kick the throttle up a notch on the race to our own destruction, be it from the collapse of the financial ponzi as resources deplete or ecological collapse.

12 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Not that the election offered any real choice on the larger matter

said the sunday school teacher

Highlighted
Advisor

Actually our resident political operator really makes no bones of his efforts to manipulate the fears of the less intelligent.

To offset the other side's, of course.

Highlighted
Advisor

Nah. If I was a christian I'd be in favor of throwing the lazy bums off their free obamacare.

And giving more farm welfare to Real Americans.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

but fascinating, nevertheless. More than ever the game is played via the science of manipulating opinion via the evolutionary lizard brain.

Among the common gateways to the id are religion induced sexual neuroses, fear of The Other and a preference for myth and superstition over science if it sounds nicer.

As I said, it isn't as though there was any real choice offered in these matters but still remarkable to watch as we decided to kick the throttle up a notch on the race to our own destruction, be it from the collapse of the financial ponzi as resources deplete or ecological collapse.

Would that be like when the enlightened amoung us say a vote for a bagger is a vote to take birth control from women and to put blacks back into chains?

Highlighted
Advisor

Actually those matters are only important in terms of your emotions on the matter and how they can be used to garner support for more important matters.

The important matter is keeping our present arrangement of ponzi finance, perpetual warfare and the sprawl and fossil fuel economy going, even if it has no future.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

Actually those matters are only important in terms of your emotions on the matter and how they can be used to garner support for more important matters.

The important matter is keeping our present arrangement of ponzi finance, perpetual warfare and the sprawl and fossil fuel economy going, even if it has no future.

The formers are the issues of the progressive. The latter will best be solved by less federal government.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Tell me Nox, the government dropping the twin towers and shooting up the pentagon, is that a problem of too much government or not enough government?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

r3020 Veteran Advisor
4:24 AM
Tell me Nox, the government dropping the twin towers and shooting up the pentagon, is that a problem of too much government or not enough government?

I said you were mad. Are you a conspiracist ?
Highlighted
Advisor

The lizard brain is certainly highly relevant to the matter of mass hypnosis.

In fact it is central.