cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Now that El Donaldo is taking a dive

at the last minute, just before he might actually have to be President, the plot thickens.

He's actually said to have made Ted Cruz look moderate even though Cruz is an ideologue who wants to turn the USA into Kansas With a Huge Military. Apparently the results of recent lab experiments don't impress some folks. Those would be on both Kansas and the huge military.

Cruz' math to an outright first ballot nomination is nearly impossible and given that even his own dog doesn't like him, maybe that doesn't happen even if he's a clear and strong second.

Maybe El Donaldo bows out and throws his delegates somewhere. Where?

Rove/et al  are trying to set the stage for a dark horse. The Trump crowd now hates Romney, Ryan- I don't see that dog hunting.  What a mess, pass the popcorn.

Trump knew that he could ride the popularity of his birtherism somewhere with a certain crowd. I think he looked around and noted the lack of a Buchanan type nativist and decided to run with it, with little thought that it could become so yuuuge.

My conspiracy theorist take is that maybe the D.C. Madam's attorney's threats to release some stuff struck somewhere. Who knows? More lijkely that he chickened out at the thought of actually being Prez.

Kasich is looking like the only horse to run with if they can engineer it, and he runs better head to head than any of them. Plot thickens.

5 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Now that El Donaldo is taking a dive

My take on Kasich as Prez is he would be a lot like Governors Mitch Daniels in Indiana or Rick Snyder in Michigan.

They pretended to not be ideological and above the fray but then quickly signed every crazypants bill the GOP legislature sent to them.

hardnox
Advisor

And I guess the other question is, if Kasich is the nominee while winning less than 20% of the elected delegates, how're you gonna put lipstick on that pig, even if he polls better in a general.

I know, I know. Anybody but the Hillmonster, right?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I find it strange that Trump and Cruz are these "bitter enemies" when the had such a bromance in the pre-primary part of their candidacies.  It`s tough to tell exactly where the wheels came off their mutual man crushes.  And now, they are measuring each other`s dlcks and rating their wives on a hotness scale..Cruz has tried a case before the SCOTUS and Trump is a billionaire, both inarguably successful men.  That`s why I tend to think their feud is kind of fake...however, how do you walk back "lyin` Ted"?, that seems to burn alot of bridges. 

Kasich seems to`ve doused his VP bridge to Trump with gasoline and threw a lit cigarette on it, in all but outright saying he won`t support Trump if he is the nominee.  Cruz and Trump basically agree on everything, their dlck sizes notwithstanding.  However, if Trump looks to be the nominee, all the whiteshoe boys establishment has to do is mildly crash the stock market under the guise of "fear of a Trump presidency"...people look at their 401K`s and freak out and vote for Hillary to save them..bada-boom bada-bing Hillary becomes the next POTUS.

Pat Buchanan has been pontificating about the GOP convention

http://buchanan.org/blog/lock-establishment-cleveland-125077

bruce MN
Advisor

Good synopsis Pat.  Whatever it takes to keep Kasich or the puke Ryan off of my ballot j

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Kasich has in his little brain that since he was the nice student that reminded the teacher not to forget to hand out the tests that the establishment will reward him for his brown-nosing.  He can talk about the "Ohio miracle" but let`s see how his oil fracking works with $38 oil...it worked really well with $140 oil and there was money to burn.

I don`t know, but the establishment GOP may have to suck it up and accept a Trump/Cruz and just figure on using the Mitch McConnel/Paul Ryan "filter" to segregate what reaches President Trump`s desk...and pray for a recession to pin it on him.  Or get Hillary in and work with her ...business as usual.