Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

O'bummer Speech

Same Shinola, Different Day. πŸ’©πŸš½πŸ‘Ž

37 Replies
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: O'bummer Speech

Are you admitting to listening to the speech???  Do you think that a citizen of this country who is on the suspect list of terrorism should be allowed to buy a weapon legally?  Your House Speaker does!

HortonGordelson
Senior Contributor

Tell me who is or will be in charge of making that list and I will answer your question.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Are you admitting to listening to the speech???  Do you think that a citizen of this country who is on the suspect list of terrorism should be allowed to buy a weapon legally?  Your House Speaker does!

The ISIS killers in California were not on ANY list. No terrorist is going to give a damn about any law on the books. 

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You didn't answer the question!  I might also add that you don't know what they were unless you are connected to them.  Now ANSWER my question.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Ask your Speaker of the US House in Congress DS!

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Fly, no Fly

Well Bart, someone on that list might just have the same name as a suspected terrorist and it's very hard to get off the list. That's what Rubio said earlier today.  We can't be denying their God given rights to buy and possess arms just because they are not trusted to fly on an airplane for fear they will hijack it or blow it up!  Just because they are suspected of being a terrorist does not mean they shouldn't be able to buy guns. That's un-American.

Sensible people ask whether or not we should have a "no fly" list if Republicans are so freakin' concerned about their rights. If the list is all that flimsy, why even have it? What about those suspected terrorist's rights? We say they should be able to buy a gun, so why can't they fly?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Fly, no Fly

Well, I think that if there happened to be someone on that list maybe a Brian Mohammed Davenport and I tried to get on a plane (which wouldn't happen) and I was denied then I really think it could be proven that I wasn't that guy.  Even if his name wasn't Mohammed, I think I could show enough proof that I would not be considered a threat. However, there is a no fly list and those names are on it because something has made them a suspect for terrorist activities!  Until it is proven that they aren't, they should not be allowed to get a gun!  That is probably the stupidest thing even a repub could say!!! The only reason these jerks are saying anything now is because a democratis president and they are so PO'd about that,that nothing that isn't ultra conservative is subject to hate and dissention!

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: Fly, no Fly

Plus the NRA would have them coated in tar, feathered and driven out of campaign finding  town. We have to realize who is in charge of the Republican Congress, the freakin' NRA! 

If the list is such a concern, who don't they create a system to quickly and easily get someone's name off the list. Congress has the power, but they are laying around like turtles with their necks drawn in for fear the NRA will point a finger at them. What woosies!