cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

OMG!!!!

What a difference between the Bass Tard’s briefings with the White House Press Secretary, and President Biden’s Press Secretary Jen (nice name) Psaki.   With the Bass Tard’s briefings, you knew that he always had his thumb screws turning in the background, to make sure that WHAT HE WANTED PORTRAYED was what was presented.   

The Bass Tard had his hand, in EVERYTHING that was presented to the public.   Just like he does in every facet of his life.   He micromanages EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY that comes in contact with him, which is why his administration was such a dismal failure.   He trusted no body - and nobody was given free reign to say what they wanted, or needed to say, until they were free of his thumbscrews.

Jen

6 Replies
aljessen61
Senior Contributor

Re: OMG!!!!

You like Bull ***** do you?

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

They are not going to like the truth. Trump predicated his briefings on adversarial stances. There was little honesty. Just look at all the press secretaries he went through. They couldn't lie well enough for him, but who could?

Anyway, that briefing was a breath of fresh air. It was honest and informative and not presented from the attitude that all the journalists suck and take the crumbs thrown with no questions. It was professional and cordial. I loved it. I look forward to many, many more. There will be problems and it will be interesting to see how things are handled. I bet it won't involve any alternate truths. I was impressed.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Anyway, ... I was impressed.)

Cnn, ny times, wp, nbc, cbs, etc. all say awoman to that knapper - keep toeing card carrying hypocrat line. However you did forget to mention the thrill that went up your leg as you were listening.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Yes Knapper - all those good words, cordial, caring, nice, kind, dignified, an air of friendship between the presenter, and those asking the questions.   Hey - they could even laugh.   Laughter is something that never permeated a stand up briefing from a Trump official.   It was always more like Spicy’s briefing, “This was the largest crowd ever!”   And you were just supposed to digest what was given, and not ever question it.

A breath of fresh air.   You betcha!!!!!

Jen

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

When Trump was inaugurated, I was teaching in Oklahoma City.   

I watched Trump’s speech, and was appalled.   The next day, I went over to a friend’s RV next door, and before I could get out the very same sentiment that GW had about whatever that piece of crap was, the gal said, “Wasn’t that a WONDERFUL speech by (the so called) president yesterday?”

I knew we were in big trouble......

Jen

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Fauci was actually giddy with relief.

It was like he had survived Auschwitz.