rawhide
Advisor

OOOPS Sound familiar?

Hmmmmmm.........looky here.  Image source: Salon.com

17 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: OOOPS Sound familiar?

Well now Al is on Bruce's poop list. Now the mainstream state run media needs to ask every dem presidential candidate if they are going to condemn Al Franken. What about the repubs, are they going to condemn his outrageous comments or look the other way.

rawhide
Advisor

Hey '20.  check your pm

r3020
Senior Advisor

Sent.

bruce MN
Advisor

Nice try

Wise crack in radio interview. The pukes that twisted it knew that, of course, but never stopped one before and you can't really blame them for contining when you crazed wingers have become such dependable carrier pigeons

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/al-franken-criticize-jon-mccain-captured-donald-trump-120359.h...

rawhide
Advisor

Re: Nice try

I didn.t know it was ok to make "wisecracks" about POWS. Of course the progressive left makes the rules up as they go so can you send me a new rule book Bruce? Mine seems to be a bit outdated.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:
Wise crack in radio interview. The pukes that twisted it knew that, of course, but never stopped one before and you can't really blame them for contining when you crazed wingers have become such dependable carrier pigeons

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/al-franken-criticize-jon-mccain-captured-donald-trump-120359.h...

Since when is border security and enforcement of immigration law considered crazy and deranged? Well then so is enforcing Obama care laws.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I think that it`s quite the opposite, Trump was half joking, it`s just that not everyone gets "dry humor" and unfortunately for Trump it`s easily exploitable.   Stuart Smalley, on the otherhand making the comments while Clinton was in office, a draft dodger himself, was being a little more serious. In the 2000 pre-9/11 period the Vietnam era Baby Boomers were still solidly in control and their anamosity towards the military was bleeding through.  What Franken said in that setting was not controversal at all and got some yucks and nodding of many heads.

There is a generation and Franken was in the midst of it, that "loathed the military" and were not at all bashfull about it.  Today after Gen-Xers grew up on Swartzkoff and such are more appreciative of the military.  Appreciative to the point of "Idolatry", which is not a good thing that is how we get into stupid wars, we are awestruck by a guy on tv with a chest full of medals that says "we should go to war!".  Boomers question whether they may have been wrong avoiding the draft, so to "make up for it" kind of get uber-patriotic, coming I`m sure from their own personal guilt.

When people are awestruck and on a guilt trip they tend to make irrational decissions.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Well said.
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

What is that idiot Al Franken up to these days? Did he get another gig on TV or Radio?