cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

OOOPSY-DAISY

Y'all on the warming side ain't gonna like this....http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/628524/Climate-change-shock-Burning-fossil-fuels-COOLs-planet-says-...

I hope there is plenty of medication to go around.

Gotta go to work.Smiley Happy

5 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: OOOPSY-DAISY

OOPSY-DAISY is right no one will like the results in the article you posted.

You did read it through and understand what it said I hope.

In case you missed the point I attach this quote from it.

And you are right those of us who understand the climate is warming and what the net results of that will be to all humanity and the environment we live in but I think those who deny the climate is warming may not like this article either.

Because earlier studies do not account for what amounts to a net cooling effect for parts of the northern hemisphere, predictions for TCR and ECS have been lower than they should be.

"This means that Earth's climate sensitivity to carbon dioxide—or atmospheric carbon dioxide’s capacity to affect temperature change—has been underestimated, according to the study."

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which draws its TCR estimate from earlier research, places the future estimate rise at 1.8°F (1.0°C).

But the new NASA study dovetails with a GISS study published last year that puts the TCR value at 3.0°F (1.7° C).

Mr Schmidt said: “If you’ve got a systematic underestimate of what the greenhouse gas-driven change would be, then you’re systematically underestimating what’s going to happen in the future when greenhouse gases are by far the dominant climate driver.”

Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

OOPSY-DAISY is right no one will like the results in the article you posted.

You did read it through and understand what it said I hope.

In case you missed the point I attach this quote from it.

And you are right those of us who understand the climate is warming and what the net results of that will be to all humanity and the environment we live in but I think those who deny the climate is warming may not like this article either.

Because earlier studies do not account for what amounts to a net cooling effect for parts of the northern hemisphere, predictions for TCR and ECS have been lower than they should be.

"This means that Earth's climate sensitivity to carbon dioxide—or atmospheric carbon dioxide’s capacity to affect temperature change—has been underestimated, according to the study."

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which draws its TCR estimate from earlier research, places the future estimate rise at 1.8°F (1.0°C).

But the new NASA study dovetails with a GISS study published last year that puts the TCR value at 3.0°F (1.7° C).

Mr Schmidt said: “If you’ve got a systematic underestimate of what the greenhouse gas-driven change would be, then you’re systematically underestimating what’s going to happen in the future when greenhouse gases are by far the dominant climate driver.”

What is means is their computer models have been wrong so they need to insert new numbers to make their computer models say what they want them to say.

Advisor

Miss Kate said this: She said: “Take sulfate aerosols, which are created from burning fossil fuels and contribute to atmospheric cooling.

WTF Canuck? They evidently make it up as they go.

Senior Advisor

@rawhide wrote:

Miss Kate said this: She said: “Take sulfate aerosols, which are created from burning fossil fuels and contribute to atmospheric cooling.

Man made global warming is not based on facts, it's based on a belief system.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

@rawhide wrote:

Man made global warming is not based on facts, it's based on a belief system.

YOU might believe that.