cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Obama/Democrats are king of corporate welfare.

The Democrats are unquestionably the party of the rich, by the rich, for the rich. Yet the extremist Democrats say their is no room to cut expenses with out starving grandma. Wonder how many of these corps got exempted from Obamacare and yet received Obamacare corporate welfare? Looks like the labor unions are the new welfare queens.

snip-

Two mainstream news organizations are receiving hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars from Obamacare’s Early Retiree Reinsurance Program (ERRP) — a $5 billion grant program that’s doling out cash to companies, states and labor unions in what the Obama administration considers an effort to pay for health insurance for early retirees. The Washington Post Company raked in $573,217 in taxpayer subsidies and CBS Corporation secured $722,388 worth of Americans’ money.

“It is fine with me if they continue covering the ObamaCare debate,” said Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Republican of Tennessee, in an e-mail to The Daily Caller. “When NBC used to cover energy issues, they identified themselves as a subsidiary of General Electric. CBS and Washington Post just have to disclose that they are subsidiaries of the Obama Administration.”

In addition to CBS Corporation and the Washington Post Company, recipients of ERRP funding include the United Auto Workers union, which secured $206,798,086 in taxpayer  money, AT&T, which took in $140,022,949, and General Electric (GE), which raked in $36,607,818. GE has made headlines recently for not paying any U.S. taxes last year. IBM got $12,989,690 in taxpayer money.

Verizon pulled $91,702,538 in taxpayer cash, too, and General Motors received $19,002,669. More than $6 million went to different Teamsters groups nationwide, and millions more went to the United Mine Workers, United Food and Commercial Workers, the AFL-CIO and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/06/washington-post-and-cbs-receiving-money-from-obamacare-slush-fund/...
4 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Obama/Democrats are king of corporate welfare.

My, my you liberals are a tight lipped bunch all of a sudden.

wt510151
Senior Contributor

There are Dinos as well as Rinos in DC. Only difference is the letter by their name. Taxpayer money has flown to each parties' special interests for a long time. When was the last time, an election even mattered to curb these actions?

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Just hate to take advantage of your ignorance.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

Just hate to take advantage of your ignorance.

Now you sound like my wife.