cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Obama and Free Enterprise

the tax incentives, just like the middle eastern wars, and so much more of Obama's reign of terror would aptly be classified as "Bush Lite". Nothing new...just a smaller toned down version of what his predecessor did, and nothing that actually addresses what he thinks. That is what I am after...his world view...I think it is clearly obvious.

So you , Kraft, do not think that free enterprise, to the extent that any farmer enjoys free choices, has both served you, and the American Public well?  How big is that waistline, btw?

Can you provide me with a solitary link where Obama praises the economic system that took us to the top of the world as an economic power, before Bushie started the slide down with his disastrous economic policies?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I do have a veiw its you who can't handle the fact you are a ward of the taxpayers they support you year in year out.even with    4.00 corn 10.00 beans still trough feeding.......  Its like having a $30.00 hr job and collecting food stamps 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Do you have other phone no on speed dial other than FSA................

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Ya know Hobby

Some farmers may have had it better with $2 corn. If you were farmer and $400/acre was going rent and your banker insisted you forward sell 150 bushel/acre for $3.50 and you only got 114bu/a yield. Would you appreciate some "do nothing" harping about a few measly bucks per acre? The Farm Bureau is agreeing to get rid of direct payments in light of the gov`t budget problems. So you can rest easy with your fat social security check while me and a couple others work our areses off for each one of you.  Oh, and you`re welcome for your free healthcare. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yes I have done well in a capitalistic world. But not everybody is as fortunate. I think that where capitalism fails that is where government can make a difference.

Just because the profiteers cannot make money is no reason that an activity should not occur. That is where we are in health care.  Independently lower income folks cannot afford health care. However the ultimate insurance pool can afford to care for all. Thats what insurance is an opportunity to share risk with each other. I hope I never have an insurance claim and that my dollars give  others health care. Like buying fire and wind insurance on my house. I don't ever want a benefit. I would much rather my premium replaces your house should you need it.

Another thing is student loans, Banks won't loan money for education without government guarantee.  So is our country better off with an educated public or not? I think it is better for people and the business community to have an educated work force. Many folks would not get higher education without the government involvement.

I don't know if he has given a glowing report on the capitalist system or not but neither do you or you wouldn't be asking the question. You are merely trying to sew the seeds of doubt as many of these types of posts are intended. The pondering about whether he is an american a muslim or a closet communist is merely throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks.

You know it and I know it as most thinking readers can shake it out, It's a disgusting tactic but your party has declared war on democrats and use that tactic you will.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Ya know Hobby

What ya saying if a farmer makes a poor busuness decision by paying 400/rent  just to expand and things go bad ........... those "do gooder" (presumely to be taxpayers" should  provide resoucres or program  to bail him out of his poor decisons.   

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I am totally serious

Kraft, I don't think you read a lot, but others on this forum sure seem to be well read, and my post was a very serious attempt to actually find something or somewhere where Obama has addressed the American capitalistic free enterprise system, and praised it. I have googled a few times and cannot find anything. This strikes me as extremely odd, and more than a little disconcerting if not downright frightening.

You address healthcare, and you evidently have an idea that government and business can do things hand in hand with good results. My own experience has led me to a different view. I believe in government...good government....and would say that government should do the things that would not get done by private business. Indigent care is one of these things, but the goal should always be to have people control their own destinies to the fullest extent possible. Our policies should be to try to encourage people to be greedy and to prosper and thus all of society gains from the bigger pie that is created.

Those that don't believe in the power of individuals share a different view than I do. They look at an economic system and see a pie that always stays the same size, and just needs to be carved up properly, in their government view, to serve the needs of everyone.They fail to see a dynamic system, where the power of individual ideas create new wealth. The pie gets bigger.  The other thing that happens in free enterprise is that costs get trimmed. The dead wood gets cut. THis will never happen when a government agency runs things, if you cannot see this, you have the blinders on.

My quest was to see if Obama has ever once uttered anything positive about free enterprise. Should this really be that hard to find, or such an extreme quest? Jimmy Carter proudly ran his peanut farm, JFK was the son of a very successful bootlegger , Bill Clinton's father in law believed in private enterprise.....none of this was hidden or hard to find. If Barry Obama is a communist, as is so often speculated, he should just come out and say so and run as one. I think many in the democratic party might still believe in free enterprise and support a new party if this indeed is the case.  Although once the percentage of government workers, or quasi government workers, went over 50% , I think all was lost.

Senior Contributor

Re: Ya know Hobby

Absolutely not, I`m saying high rent and other high priced inputs in the arena of agriculture today. Farm programs are also in this arena, for the time being. There is nothing the individual farmer can do to control any of it. So in Hobby`s world, would a farmer be okay if he is for all the other wastefull gov`t  spending like Obamacare?  If not, might I suggest you doing a EWG search of the real names of the liberals on here to see their take at the trough.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: I am totally serious

Excellent post Red, anyone with half a brain knows the government operates at 25% efficiency and costing 400% more than it should. It`s just libs want to cost shift their expenses to everyone else.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Here, Don....This Should Cheer You Up!

"Barack Obama's election as president was a victory won by an amazing broad alliance of which we were a part."

http://www.cpusa.org/2010-elections-unity-can-win/