cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: I am totally serious

Actually the haves want to keep people oppressed so that profits are up and taxes are down. That is why they oppose higher pay standards for working folks. Curse the unions oppose minimum wage increases and expect them to pay taxes.

And they do all of that while claiming to be God's people.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Here, Don....This Should Cheer You Up!

You know, Milly, I started this thread after first attempting to find something positive in Obama's speeches or writings, which really are high in rhetoric and short in any substance.  I really am sincere......I would like to see where the young man has said something positive about our American system, and am up against a stone wall.

I thought for sure that Bruce, with all his readings, would steer me unto something.

I am actually very disturbed that no one even questions that Obama is a communist now, and the liberals actually seem to think that it is some badge of honor. That seems to be the impression I am getting.

What has gone so wrong in America, for us to reach such a point?

If this is what our schools and ivy league institutions are turning out, we have problems in America that are not going to go away quickly, or easily.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

that is not the sister of Elena Kagan, is it?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: It is Joelle Fishman

@Red Steele wrote:

that is not the sister of Elena Kagan, is it?

No, ... she is Joelle Fishman, she chairs the Connecticut Communist Party USA. She is a Commissioner on the City of New Haven Peace Commission, serves on the executive board of the Alliance of Retired Americans in Connecticut and is an active member of many economic rights and social justice organizations.

She was a candidate for Congress from 1973 to 1982, maintaining minor-party ballot status for the Communist Party in Connecticut's Third Congressional District. As chair of the CPUSA Political Action Commission[1].

...she has played an active role in the broad labor and people's alliance that defeated the ultra-right in the 2008 elections and continues to mobilize for health care, worker rights and peace.

She is married to Art Perlo, the son of late Soviet spy Victor Perlo.

http://www.keywiki.org/index.php/Joelle_Fishman

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

That was the whole point in your post. To infer that Obama is a communist. Oh you are soooo clever and devious!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Ya know Hobby

I guess it is far worse to help people get health insurance than it is to subsidize millionaire farmers crop insurance. Did I mention the subsidy checks? Why are you so sensitive about your welfare payments? You have received them to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollarsover the decades. It's just a very real fact and yet you are defensive about it.

AS if the dems are hypocritical and you are not. Are you one of those chirpping about those worthless welfare folks?

Yes I invite you to look up my government payments. How do I find yours. Under bad a** deere. I know you are in Iowa but what town?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

why do you link one abusive entitlement to yet another? I think most farmers that believe in free enterprise would just as soon if the payments ended, but are not going to unilaterally "disarm", and be a competitive disadvantage. Why do you and hobbledhorse come up with such crappola? Politician have used them to manipulate the farm vote for decades after they were supposed to end.

I doubt that many are against health services for the poor, but the delivery method is what the argument stems from. Somehow you have to keep free market forces in there, or the program will not be sustainable or even possible to implement. And the goal should be to eliminate poverty, not subsidize it. At least that is how capitalists think...I guess Communists have a different slant on things.

Some of your comments would seem to be more appropriate coming from the mouth of Whoopi Goldberg, who is a big fan of Hugo Chavez, and defended the portrayal of BO as a communist by yelling out "Communist! Communist! We are all Communists!"

Maybe you will live to see those farms of your divided up among some of the needy Iowans and not go to your own descendents. Then you will reflect back on what a fool you were.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Okay that was funny, it made coffee come out my nose Smiley Very Happy . I`ve never looked you or anyone on here up. When EWG came out, I looked up the local infamous BTOs, which doesn`t mean anything, because their wife,kids and folks get a chunk, then their 2 corporate entities get a king`s ransom. I will tell you this, there are over 200 more ahead of me at the trough in my county. My questions to you is, why does Hobby only pick on Conservative farmers??  Why don`t you liberals who have probably collected farm payments in the past ever set Hobby straight?? Why is Hobby so concerned about farm payments when at maybe $20 billion are the head of a needle in a $1.4 Trillion annual defict ??  This is one of the times I ask a question that I already know the answer.  

Senior Advisor

Because I have come to the conclusion that we are welfare recipients both repubs and dems. Unfortunately some of us rag on about welfare queens and those that don't deserve the government largess while we have our own nose in the trough. Hypocracy? maybe.

I can see where a nonfarming tax payer may take issue with those of us with the nose in the trough.  They recognize that we don't have aneed for farm payments and we get them anyway. Yet mwe complain a great deal about the welfare folks and we are over taxed yada yada yada.

Perhaps that is why hobby sticks a fork in us. He knows we rightfully deserve it.

If that aint your handle it should be. It's gotta little character to it. Bad a** Deere

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

"why does  hobby only pick on conservative farmers"   I only pick if that what you want to call it on individuals who constant rant about other who recieve some form of govt assistance while there's  is justified.    I'm concerned causae that 20 billion is PART of the 1.4 trillion problem  ..............20B here 20B there and bingo 1.4T   and of course its THOSE  other are the cause it all.