cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Obama and Free Enterprise

What started out as a simple attempt to see how little praise for free enterprise Barry H.(the name we cannot say outloud) Obama has shown in speeches or in his Bill Ayers inspired and ghostwritten best sellers, has turned into a more serious effort to actually find a time and place where the big O has said ANYTHING positive about yankee ingenuity, the American way, and capitalism. Can someone help me out here and direct me to such comments?

I realize that a few here despise Capitalism, and yearn for the simple life of living off the government forever, but I for one do not believe that it is very healthy to have someone in the white house that actually despises what has made America great. Former democratic presidents, such as JFK, CLinton, and even Carter at least understood the dynamics of the private sector. This immature pencil necked young man seems to understand about as much as the typical liberal arts college graduate does, a few months out of college.

I hope we never , ever, let someone so immature and shallow occupy the office of POTUS. Hopefully, this fall gives the landslide victory to conservatives that is expected, and that Obama turns into Obaby and decides that he has had enough and resigns. And that he somehow takes Biden and Pelosi with him. Maybe the gay voters in California will do the right thing and help put Pelosi out to pasture so she can ease up on the Botox treatments while she can still move her lips. One can only hope.

33 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Obama and Free Enterprise

I want someone who saw all of his last press conference to tell me if he was really being fed tha answers via the prompter.  It sure looked like it from the little I saw.  If he can't even answer simple questions I question his legendary intellect.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

We got the less intelligent of the Obama brothers, "Odumber" if you will. His smarter brother George is stuck in a hut in Kenya.  Smiley Happy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/2590614/Barack-Obamas-lost-br...

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

so much for "family values". What kind of a human being would not try to elevate their own family when they met with financial success? Liberals seem to abdicate any sense of personal responsibility...that is why they love an all powerful government that they can pin the blame for whatever ills are in the world.Heaven forbid that you would tackle some of them yourselves.

You see it with old folks....all the schemes to let the counties pay for the expenses of their parents, you see it when it comes to legislation, to dependent children... I can just imagine the things you would see in the dark recesses of a liberal's soul.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Always laugh when I read about govt supported grain farmers talking about cvapitalism   Those wonderful subsidies the taxpayers provides is a real form of capitalism...............Oh yaa its the phoney cheap food  policy is the reason taxpayers better fork over their tax dollars  ......Govt handed out money to individuals is welfare no matter  what you want to call it or what excuse is used to justify it.   

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You know, I am not being facetious at all in this quest...I sincerely would like to see some positive words that this guy has to say about the role of private enterprise in the success of America. 

And as for the intellect of BHO....I come from a small school, I graduated with about 100 in my class. Out of that 100, we had a National Merit Scholarship winner (yours truly), another finalist, and a commended student. The finalists are usually perceived to be int the top half of a percent of the students nationwide, the commended students in the top 10%. All of this is public record.

Someone wrote about how they attempted to find a record of BHO being any of the above...a finalist, a winner, a commended student,.....they came up with nada, zilch....nothing. So much for his vaulted intellect.

I do not believe that he wrote either of his books either, and this has also been analyzed by  experts. One person compared the writing of BHO with that of BIll Ayers, the 1960's domestic terrorist and close friend of BHO. They found many passages that were basically the same, and appear to have a common author. So either Ayers wrote the Obama books, or they both shared the same ghostwriter. Since Ayers has published close to 30 books, over many decades, I would bet on his pen. He has polished his craft, and is a proven writer of some ability, much more so than his ability at making bombs that did not kill his own associates.

For BHO to have never published anything, except a couple of poems so bad my junior high school aged son would be ashamed to submit them, and suddenly write a prize winning best seller would be about the same as for me, having never played an inning of organized baseball in my life, showing up on the mound tonight for the MN twins and no-hitting the Chicago white Sox. On the same degree of probability as for Hillary Clinton having a six month period trading cattle futures, never having a losing trade , and amassing $100,000 and then walking away.  The odds of Nancy Pelosi flapping her arms and riding her broom straight to the moon and back would have about the same degree of probablility, too.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Have to agree to extent  only when that financial success comes at your own endevears not yearly govt aid of any form.   When one success is built on govt support then there is no personnel respondsilbilty.  Its  beyond me how a govt supported grain farmer can claim to be a personnelly  fisical conservative and yet fed on big liberal govt support programs   A little dishonest to me

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Does your wife ever tell you how boring you are? I had a bet going over if would be you or hardon that would comment first about government subsidies. I wrote all I ever will write about them years ago, and got branded the "Red Communist" here. You really should try to be consistent in your weltanschaung...it must be awfully hard to try to fight those conflicting views that bounce between your ears.

Please try to answer the question, or just admit you cannot provide an intelligent comment.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Do you only have one CD that you play over and over , too, at your hut?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

What do you think his new tax recommendations are about if not to give incentives to small business?  Why would you loan huge funds to GM and Chrysler if not to keep them running?

I imagine those that worship at the altar of capitalism cannot recognize it failures and excesses. I don't think you will find anything in the constitution or in scripture that gives sacred status to your religion. Capitalism.

Yes it is a religion to those that think it is the solution to every thing. Capitalism will not provide services to humanity if there is not a profit in it. It's as simple as that.