cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Obama and torture???

I see where Bill Maher said on his show that while Obama and Dems preached against torture they are now using it themselves and against an American citizen.

Maher told about Private Bradley Manning, the U.S. soldier who is accused of passing classified information to Wikileaks.  Manning is being held at the Marine Corps Brig in Quantico, Virginia where he is in "maximum custody" solitary confinement.and because authorities have decided to place him under a suicide watch Manning is not allowed to wear any clothes while he sleeps and must present himself to the guards naked every morning for inspection.   Manning is confined to his small cell for 23 hours a day and is let out shackled for a maximum of an hour a day.  Maher said that Senator McCain has gone on the record as saying prolonged solitary confinement amounts to torture.

Maher went on to say that Daniel Ellsberg, the leaker of the Pentagon Papers says that Manning is a hero and a modern day version of himself.  Maher also claimed a defense spokesman was forced to retire for saying the government's treatment of Manning is stupid.

Speaking of Wiki Leaks I saw a skit on SNL where an actor portraying Wikileaks founder Julian Assange

makes a joke about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg being choosen as Time magazine's person of the year.  Assange describes the difference between himself and Zuckerberg in this way, "I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villian. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he is Time magazine's "Man of the Year."

1 Reply
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Obama and torture???

Did you insert the McCain bit to simply juice up your post or has the Senator from Arisona called for better treatment of Manning?

I can't find anyithing about that anywhere.