cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Obama nominates ultimate insider FDA commish

"Progressives" should really be up in arms about this, a head of the FDA that is cozy with the Big Pharma industry.....but I betcha liberals don`t care, whatever FDA approves you`ll swallow or roll up your sleeve to be injected "Cuz da gummitt says it`s okay".  

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/20/health/fda-nominee-califfs-ties-to-drug-industry-raise-questions.h...

4 Replies
RJG640v8
Advisor

Re: Obama nominates ultimate insider FDA commish

Some of you guys keep going on and on about vaccinations. I had all the vacs, my wife has also, my two kids have, all my neices and nephews have as well, and not one instance of any kind of bad effect or issue. I think it's much as with alot of health issues, that being people having a genetic proclivity, much the same as some have for cancer, or heart disease and so on and so forth.

have you ever watched a show called Food Inc ? It's pretty leftist for the most part, but there are a few worth while nuggets. Mostly on immigration, Monsanto and other ag Giants and also the massive corporate welfare, and basic marriage of big ag, big pharma and the government.

bruce MN
Advisor

Good friend who is in the livestock export business told me that he had a conversation with a business woman from China who told him that with all of the growing pains the Chinese market economy has and the other real challenges it faces, the one thing that is most  likely to bring China down is the wide adoption of the Western diet. Food, as it were, for thought.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

Good friend who is in the livestock export business told me that he had a conversation with a business woman from China who told him that with all of the growing pains the Chinese market economy has and the other real challenges it faces, the one thing that is most  likely to bring China down is the wide adoption of the Western diet. Food, as it were, for thought.

Diet???? I thought the greatest threat to man kind was man made global warming. This chick needs to get up to speed. Diet!...... That's a good one.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I need to clarify, I am not against all vaccinations, I would type that in bold caps but it probably wouldn`t do any good and I`d have to repeat it again anyway 🙂   I had my vaccinations as a youngster, my kids were vaccinated and I`m happy with our health.  Here is my concern, the US has by far more vaccinations than any other country in the world and you have governors like Jerry Brown that want to make those vaccinations mandatory. 

You add on to that the fascism of the fox guarding the henhouse FDA embedded with Big Pharmaceutical and totalitarian politicians guaranteeing the market....You guys are all riled up about the Kochs and big oil and global warming, some of you think Bush caused 9/11, yet most of you don`t care about what is in you food or the mandatory vaccines that are given your kids.  Shady people in Big Pharma are making alot of money rushing questionable products on the market.  To me your health and children`s health is the most important, ask any sick rich person and they`ll tell you they`d give up their money for better health.  A liberal icon like Obama is given full trust by some liberals to appoint what turn out to be Big Pharma insiders...of course they are going to rubber stamp anything Big Pharma wants.

I haven`t seen "Food Inc"     

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food,_Inc.

It looks good, i`m a fan of Joel Salatin and Michael Pollan.

We are a sick nation, no country spends more at the doctors than this country.  I`m a corn farmer, but I don`t think that corn should be the ingredient in every single item of food on the grocery shelf, corn is to be fed to livestock NOT to sweeten pop and pancake syrup, but corn is in everything.  I raise hogs, if I didn`t vaccinate them they would get knobby joints so yes vaccinations in moderation is good.  What we have to remember is a hog only lives 6 months, but people should be healthy into their 90`s, NOT in nursing homes for the last 2 decades of their lives.

As a hog farmer, i`m saying this you shouldn`t eat pork...oh you`ll do it anyway ficken stupid people put bacon in their ice cream for pete sakes.  But this pork isn`t good for you, I don`t eat it.  But my diet isn`t the best in other ways I eat donuts and drink pop, but other than that i try to have a Kosher diet.  I just love raising hogs, always have.  🙂