cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wehav
Senior Contributor

Obama's April fools numbers

Click if you want the facts, or if you need to spin them. 

At least 5 million Americans lost their health insurance because Obamacare banned it.

Obama's metrics don’t count whether people actually have paid for their plan or not – the centrally important question, when counting actual enrollee's. 

83 percent of Obamacare enrollees have their insurance subsidized by taxpayers. This essentially means that Obamacare is the new unsustainable entitlement its critics always said it would be. Couple this with the problems Medicare and Social Security face, and you’ll see that the government’s full-fledged war on youth is alive and well.

So whether you spin or twist the fact remains, only a little over 1% of the uninsured have gained insurance while the rest of the country is now in disarray with higher taxes, higher premiums and higher deductibles.  Taxes on medical equipment.

43 Replies
wehav
Senior Contributor

Democrat law, more cost less value

The investment bank’s April survey of 148 brokers found that this quarter, the average premium increase for customers renewing an insurance plan is 12 percent in the small group market and 11 percent in the individual market, according to Forbes’ Scott Gottlieb.

The hikes — the largest in the past three years, according to Morgan Stanley’s quarterly reports — are “largely due to changes under the [Affordable Care Act],” analysts concluded. Rates have been growing increasingly fast throughout all of 2013, after a period of drops in 2012.

While insurers were hiking premiums since 2012 by smaller amounts, the lead-up to the Obamacare’s launch has seen the average rate at which premiums are growing fourfold.

bruce MN
Advisor

Whatever...and what ya' got....

for an alternative......you....and the whippersnapper who compiled that heap of rot?

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/04/08/three-legs-good-one-leg-bad/?_php=true&_type=blogs&modul...

wehav
Senior Contributor

Re: Whatever...and what ya' got....

Strange that the Obama administration only claims 7 million.  You have discredited anything by saying the information came via the New York Times.  As to whether or not Obama care stays is truly irrelevant, it's a disaster for the country and that is a fact.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Your long dark night, just got longer, pal! One thing, that should interest you, "the uninsured Americans, will, DROP, got that, DROP, from 20.5% to 15.8%." Now you can go to bed, happy!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/health-insurance-obamacare_n_5112836.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpm...

r3020
Senior Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

Your long dark night, just got longer, pal! One thing, that should interest you, "the uninsured Americans, will, DROP, got that, DROP, from 20.5% to 15.8%." Now you can go to bed, happy!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/health-insurance-obamacare_n_5112836.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpm...

A complete and utter failure. But hey, atleast now the prison inmates have Obama care coverage.

wehav
Senior Contributor

My word, some people are dense.

When millions lose their insurance and then HAVE only one choice, sign up for ObamaCare or go without that isn't increasing the number of insured.  

And getting insurance paid for by the government through ObamaCare isn't improving the situation as they could have gone to an ER when in dire need or a Medicaid hospital but now the insurance industry working hand in glove with Obama is reaping billions of taxpayer dollars with no increase in care for those in highest need.

2 things,  I'm not your pal.  My friends are not so hateful and second you're right about the long dark night.  Your party has ensured that energy will rise in cost making people choose between light and dark.  To further exacerbate the situation your party has either forced people to buy a product or pay a tax for just being alive.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

What a pair of, maroons you two are, LOL!! You've lost, my friends, and I know how hard it must be, to be so intrenched in you're little one-sided little world, that you have to finally accept that fact.

Yes, it's going to be a long dark night for you, pal, and if that's the way you feel about me, so be it. I don't know you, but I surely don't hate, you, I feel sorry for you, because one of these days, you, WILL SEE THE LIGHT!

All you're, blovating, about numbers, you skipped right over the truth. Everyone that lost their coverage has been covered. The problem right now is the states, that have, opted to be the,"death planels", by not expanding Medicaid. Probably in your evil little minds that's better, because when those people are all dead, your state, can then make money? Sounds about the way, you Teapublicans think.

Here's what you missed: RAND Corporation released its findings Tuesday, showing that the health care law is poised to spur a net gain of 9.3 million more insured Americans.

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

While 9.3 million more insured, is a great step forward, it is still far short of insuring the 34 million uninsured Americans.

I thought the promise was to 'insure every American', or is that another one of those things that was said, that they really didn't say?

I understand that we aren't going to get every last person covered, but if the ACA is 'poised to spur a net gain' of 9.3 million, it is hardly what was promised.    I also like the wording:  'Poised to spur a net gain', which seems to me to be politician speak, for 'maybe, someday, if we're lucky'.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Dale The Fascist. How sad that you dwell among us. Smiley Sad