cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Obama's approval rating Gallup

Obama's current job approval rating is at 49% after teetering at the mid 40's or slightly below.

By comparison Ronald Reagan's Job approval rating averaged 53 for his whole two terms. Ironically he began the year 2003 with a job approval rating of 36%. I guess the beloved Reagan wasn't always beloved.

So those of you that have counted Obama out may have a surprise ahead of you. 49% is not exactly out of the picture and that is a remarkable figure considering the hands he has been dealt.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Obama's approval rating Gallup

If Obama turns out a third the man Reagan was, hell I might even vote for his second term. He`ll have to make a 180 degree turn pretty darn quick though.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I found Don's partisan number hard to believe, so I did my own google, and the Rasmussen Poll puts the number , as of a month ago, at 56% disapproval and 42 % approval and I am quite sure the numbers have dropped since then with the leadership void created by the BP oil spill in the news.

THis is a poll of likely voters, not of all Americans like the Gallup poll, so the numbers actually mean something.

But whatever number strokes his mindset.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I used gallup figures because the were available. Both for the current Obama poll standings and for the historical Reagan standings.

You act as if I authored the numbers selectively. In both case I quoted Gallup and if you think that is an unfair effort so be it, nit picker.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I don't put to much emphisis on polls as there tend to be so many of them these days.  I saw results of one poll yesterday on Obama's job performance regarding the his handling of the oil spill.  They also showed the results of a similar poll taken 4 weeks earlier.  The most recent poll showed more people were now unhappy with Obama's performance on the oil spill since the earlier poll and that more people approved of Obama's handling of the disaster since the earlier poll.  Makes it easy for both sides to try and spin the numbers the way they want. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Rasmussen is the only one which has him low.  The average of several is 47.7% in favor and 48% against with CNN, AP, Fox, ABC and McClatchy all higher approval than against.  You guys don't like polls anyway so why argue about them??