cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Obama was declined

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/aug/31/boehner-obama-joint-session-date-no/

snip; Speaker of the House John Boehner sent a letter back to President Obama regarding the president's request for a joint session of Congress on September 7. However, Mr. Boehner told the president that the date of September 7 would not be available and proposed September 8 instead.

21 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Obama was declined

Sounds fair enough.  After all, he never asked about scheduling before he announced his speech.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hey Demo - I must have missed something there.  That's seems reasonable and courteous.  Tell us something we don't know.

Senior Contributor

There is not enough time in a day to tell you what you don't know.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The politiking needs to stop on both sides.  We need some adults in Washington.  Really, Obama didn't know he'd be pushing Repub buttons?  Stupid stupid politics.  The country is really in trouble.

I think we need comprehensive campaign reform and get this childishness out of the running of the country.

Fine any one of the idiots that do anything whatsoever that smacks of campaign maneuvering except in the month before the election.  That should be enough time with modern day communication for candidates to get their message out and we don't have to put up with this ridiculousness 24/7/365.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

What is so important with 7 SEP?  Nothing!  Just more BS from the little boys in Congress.  One upmanship.  Will it never cease???

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Sep 7 was the day for the GOP primary debate, which was announced a couple months ago.   At the very simplest, not every member of Congress would be able to attend both, which is a schedule conflict that should be obvious to anyone.

At the worst, Obama was trying to steal their thunder, so to speak.

Yup, petty politics on both sides.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Like you care anyway. Through this whole fiasco Obama looks small and petty. Now he has to go up against the NFL opening night football game. I know what I will be watching. We already know what Obama's jobs plan will be. Just a plan to grow government bigger and bigger. We have seen the failure that is too.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

real smart.  stick your head in the sand a little deeper.  Maybe if no one listens for themselves and gets first hand information to disseminate for themselves we can all be led a little deeper into a dark hole by pundits and media that all have their own agendas.

don't want Americans that can think for themselves do we now.

Myabe we deserve the incompetance we are getting from Washington (both sides) right now.  An uninformed public can easily be lead astray by any fool that wants to try.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I surely would have liked to hear what you folks would have had to say, if former Speaker Pelosi would have turned down Geo. W.'s request for a joint session of congress.         KenJ