cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Obama was declined

That's actually a pretty funny thought.

Can't imagine why I didn't think about it-  all this trench warfare must be making me dimwitted.

Gotta try to think like the opposition, ya know.

Senior Contributor

Don't have my head in the sand. I know what this country needs and it is not Obama's policies. They have led us down a deep dark road with no end in sight. I can think for myself, I do all the time.

I agree with you that we deserve this incompetance from Washington because the majority of the country voted for Obama. I am in the minority on that. I am informed and I don't like the path we are on. We started to change it with the election in 2010 and we will continue on this road in 2012.

Senior Advisor

Actually Joe Scarborough asaid the Obama should have announced his speech on the networks and not bothered with a joint appearence before congress. His target should be the public anyway and if his proposal has merit the People will inform their legislators.

Obama has struggled mightily with congress to get theings through. It's time to man up and use the bully pulpit to gain support. Congress just might hear the footsteps of the public and pay attention.

Senior Contributor

Simple answer, Bush would not have tried this stunt. He is/was more of a statesman than Obama is.

Senior Contributor

That is correct. Reagan would have done it that way. Go right to the people. Forget the press and Congress.

Senior Contributor

Aren't you are lovely piece of work.  The original comment was as vague as water vapour in a fog and you tell me what I don't know! What I do know is that the likes of you cannot cut the mustard with me. I know I have the ability to say how open minded you are and in reality I am saying you have a hole in your head.

Perhaps you might like to try me again with an answer or would you like me to do a job on you too?  Maybe I do not agree with your god and give you a serve far too often but I do not deserve to be compartmentised as an idiot because I can outwit you. Think about it.

Senior Contributor

@gough whitlam wrote:

Perhaps you might like to try me again with an answer or would you like me to do a job on you too?

No thanks, I am not your kind of man. Kraft or Bruce may oblige you though.

Veteran Advisor

I agree that he shouldn't waste his time on Congress but leaving it to the people to tell their legislators what they want doesn't work anyway.  They do what THEY think and to the devil with what the people back home want.

Senior Contributor

That is what is so scary right now.  The disconnect between the people and the government.  That is why we all must pay close attention and try not to be misled by either side.  We need an intelligent informed voting public in order to get some control back into our government.

This little gaff has really affected my opinion of Obama.  I thought he was an intelligent fair person.  Well now it looks like he is either a misinformed idiot, surrounded by idiots, or just another politician playing games.  I fear it's the second which makes hope for the US hard to come by.

Senior Advisor

Except that in this political environment, Reagan would not be nominated let alone elected.