cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: Oh Man!!!!

Higher rates are a good reason to lower the 'balance on the credit card'

But who is doing that?  I understand the deficit in your country is increasing each year since 2016.

r3020
Senior Advisor

I'm glad for you Jen. Hard to put a price on peace of mind. I hope you can enjoy your retirement. Just remember there is no greater threat to retirement security than inflation. Protect yourself.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Obama DOUBLED the national debt from 2009-2016, $10 Trillion to $20 Trillion and that was with a 0% Fed Funds rate.  So a $20 Trillion national debt is given to President Trump and rising interest rates?    "smart people" say "it`s good to have higher interest rates and inflation is the worst thing ever ever ever".   Now I suppose if you want the United States to fail and go into a depression, then yes, you favor 5% fed funds rate on a $20 Trillion national debt with over $1 Trillion each year to service it and whatever those with $8,000 credit card debt will face....whatever it takes to get rid of a guy that wants to stop illegal immigration and make sure the US gets a fair shake in trade deals, right?   Kill the United States by fire or ice, right?

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Well that was a lot of 'look over there' but what do you have to say about the rising deficits in the last few years?

The deficits had been falling until then.

Sort of like the new Premier in Ontario who got elected saying he was going to clean up government and find efficiencies to lower the debt.

Now our debt is expected to be even higher and the financial officer in the province reminded because she would not/could not sign off on the numbers the government put out. So our right wing Conservative government is probably 'cooking' the books to make it look better than it really is.

That is what happens when the agenda is to cut and change everything the last government did rather than actually make decisions based on facts and numbers.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

What are you talking about? Are you still on this planet??

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

As I told you before, Ba, when you listen to this president, who lies on every sentence you can't believe him or you! What you said about Obama and the debt is just plain pie in the sky, wrong! Here is the truth, something that since Trump is a precious commodity!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/01/15/obamas-federal-debt-grew-at-a-slower-rate-than-re...

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Which one are you ?

wehav
Senior Contributor

+1

bruce MN
Advisor

Carry on a’thumpin’.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

GTO, what you`re leaving out is Obama paid for that with essentially 0% interest rates...the Fed isn`t going to give that luxury to President Trump.

Image result for fed funds rate history