cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Oh, woe is me, I can't find a link. duh.

When people post something that some disagree with and there is no link the cry comes that that without a link they aren't going to believe it or it's invalid.  Then if you do post a link it has to be from the right source otherwise it is wrong. 

For those who see an article on here but do not see a link do the following;

Use your mouse to highlight a portion of the text in the article that is relatively unique. Now with that portion of the text highlighted press the Ctrl key on your Windows computer and at the same time press the letter C.  That will copy the highlighted text.

Now go to http://google.com  and click in the search box so that you can paste the highlighted text.  To paste the text press the Ctrl key and the letter V.  Then press enter or click on the box below where you pasted the text that says Google Search.

In most cases you will find multiple sources of the article in question.

An alternate method of highlighting for those with problems using the mouse is to use the mouse and click where you want to start copying the text.  Next press the Shift key and hold it down while using the cursor key to move over the text.  That will highlight just the same as using the mouse, once the text is highlighted stop moving the cursor and release the shift key.  The text will remain highlighted and then follow the above to copy and paste.

_________________________________________________________________________________________-

There are other ways to copy an paste, if your browser ( the thing you are using to view this) has at the top a menu saying File, Edit, View then you can click on Edit and in the drop down menu you will see Copy, and to paste click on the Edit again and in the drop down menu you will see Paste.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Last way I will mention is to RIGHT click with your mouse and it should have a menu pop up that offers Copy and the same menu should offer Paste.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Oh, woe is me, I can't find a link. duh.

Maybe GTO will understand now.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Oh, I see. But I don't really have to worry about that, because you guys get such a hard-on, being able to "teach" me, that I don't really need to know that stuff. I've also got another, better excuse, I'm 68, and I think I've done quite well learning this computer jargon. Thank you very much!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I don't know why but this quote a buddy emailed me pops to mind. "The problem with some Internet quotes is that it is hard to tell which ones are accurate." Abe Lincoln
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

GTO,

Please don't use the excuse that you're too old to learn.  Age isn't your problem, attitude is your problem.  You are simply intransigent regarding politics and life.  The irony is your tag line.

I know people 20 years your senior using computers and doing amazing things.  Not only that but your favorite chosen people, the Democrats in congress, you know people running the USA are some of the oldest.

1. John D. Dingell
DemocratMI07/08/1926
  1. John Conyers Jr.
DemocratMI05/16/1929
  1. Louise McIntosh Slaughter
DemocratNY08/14/1929
  1. Dale E. Kildee
DemocratMI09/16/1929
  1. Charles B. Rangel
DemocratNY06/11/1930