cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Okay dems, make your final pitch.

You are only talking to a few of us Republicans, because the Democrat bomb-throwers have already voted their straight Democrat ticket by absentee weeks ago. 

If the Dems do hold the senate is the national debt going to be under $18 Trillion at the end of the next 2 years?   It`s $17.9 trillion today.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/  

There are 44 million people living in poverty...in 2 years of a Democrat senate, can you guarantee me there will be less people in poverty?

I don`t want to hear ridiculous lies about "republicans rolling granny off a cliff and women losing the right to kill their 20 week old fetus that does feel pain"...no, you give me the reasons to vote FOR your Democrats.

59 Replies
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Okay dems, make your final pitch.

Of course, you really don't expect anyone to tell you why you should vote Democrat. That would be an exercise in futility but I would suggest that so many people living in poverty is a direct effect of a minimum wage of less than $8 an hour. I also know that you think that WalMart is perfectly justified in paying most of their employees min. wage. Many stores offer veterans like seniors a small discount. WalMart does not. Do you think a family that is worth over $90 BILLION could show the veterans a little thanks for protecting their ability to be worth that much money??? I doubt it.
bruce MN
Advisor

Only a few but fairly representative of what the GOP is or has become. Taking over by a strange hybrid mongrelized Union of Jerry Falwell and Father Cuaghlin in the sack with Frederik Hayek and good ol' Lid VonMises.
There used to be some old school level headedRepublicans here. But Dagwud died and I fear that Mudsock Bob might have also. So after over 40 years of often voting for Republicans I can't find one to vote for anymore so I vote for one of the candidates who isn't one. And that would be considerably more often than not a Democrat. I've posted here before that the best Minnesota Govoners during my tenure as a Minnesotan were Republicans. Red is obsessed with the Govonership and he's never responded to that. He just hates and loves to make fun of and ridicule the current occupant as a taunting 6th grade playground thug would. It's quite possible that the Senate majority won't be settled until mid January only After a runoff or two. More hundreds of millions spent on that. I hope Nunn wins in Georgia as she's a really good one. Whitehouse material someday.
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

About 4 million make minimum wage....that`s STILL 40 million in poverty.   But that isn`t the whole story, most of those making min wage are 16 yr olds one their FIRST job, sweeping a movie theater or waiteresses making that PLUS tips.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/09/08/who-makes-minimum-wage/ 

I wouldn`t be against raising the min wage to $10.....however IF these Mexicans that will get a "pathway to citizenship" if they don`t go directly on welfare, won`t they take those minimum wage jobs? 

The reason we`re in this poverty mess is because with "free trade" our living wage jobs went away...and that is why you have people in this country worth $90 billion as well.   Don`t blame me, i twice voted for Ross Perot and I think now he has been vindicated and I can proudly come out of the shadows. 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I`l be honest, I do have a soft spot for your "Amy and Al" it would be awfully hard to vote against them, but at the end of the day they are a rubberstamp for Obama.  Too bad national dems don`t also have "Minnesota nice"......well maybe it is good national dems are overbearing jerks, it makes hating them easier  Smiley Happy

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Walmart expects us tax payers to pick up the tab on their employees who cant afford decent housing, health care due to theri pathetic wages.

Was by our campfire last night and a neighbor stopped by, we chatted about the election. She complained about the Gov't wanting to make decisions with womens bodies. I said I am happy you are aware of that and voted democrat. She thought I was crazy. Smiley Surprised

How does this happen ?

hardnox
Advisor

BTW, on the Debt Clock thingy, I suppose if you get your news from Fox you 100% know that ic couldn't possibly be so that about half of that accumulated under GWB or in the wake of the collapse of revenues at the end of his admin. And that the truth has any role to play in this discussion.

Anyway, we're past the point where a pitch matters, I'm just hoping for a clear resolution so that the Pavlovian stimulus can beging working on the few susceptible swing voters the next time out.

Neither side really has any answer whatsoever for a shabby, dilapidated nation with rotting bones and complete dependency on ponzi finance to maintain the minimal amout of aggregate demand required to support the whole charade.

I suppose one could argue about the very long ramifications of court appointments but honestly, I don't think our timeline goes that far anyway given the trajectory we're on.

As we break apart into different sovereign entities the one that your farm will lie in is Monsanto. Hard telling what their thoughts will be on guns, inheritance taxes etc. Could be good, could be bad.

hardnox
Advisor

As far as when you become a citizen of Monsanto, I wonder about the safety of your grandchildren should war break out along the Koch border.

I'm guessing that there would be little opposition to universal conscription from the shareholders, board and CEO.

hardnox
Advisor

BTW, you could attempt to purchase political influence by becoming a shareholder of Monsanto but of course the board and officers could just continue to issue more stock to themselves and maintain a perpetual plurality.

Sounds vaguely familiar to some current events.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

No, Bush added $4.9 Trillion to the debt    http://agonist.org/bushs_two_term_increase_in_the_national_debt/   

When Bush left office the nat debt was $10.6 Trillion

Now we are $17.9 Trillion and Obama isn`t one with us yet.  Obama, after only 6 years added over $7 Trillion in new debt no matter how you cut it. 

The federal reserve has a $4.5 Trillion balance sheet from keeping interest rates artifically low...now i don`t know if that created out of thin air money is also counted in this country`s debt or not.

But what has Obama and the Democrats done to stop Tyson, Cargill, Monsanto, Syngenta, DuPont and the bigshot down the road that farms 20,000 acres?  I don`t think any of them was worried who would win in 2008, 2012 or in this years mid-term elections.