cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Won't matter

Until we have small dollar election reform, it won't matter who is elected because we do not pull the strings. About as many people as are named Adolph in the US control what happens thanks to big money, lobbyists, political action groups, superpacks and the super wealthy elite. You'll see to your dismay.....sorry.

My vote is for ANYONE committed or likely to pass election reform no matter what party they register under.

hardnox
Advisor

Re: Okay dems, make your final pitch.

Your reply is expected and of course completely disingenuous but technically true enough that you can get away with it in many circles.

You can't (but you will) lay the collapse of revenue in Obama's first two years on him.

Probably a tougher sell but I think it is also fair to say that you really can't pin the increase in the pre-existing automatic stabilizers on him- ie.UEI, food stamps etc over the same period.

I'll gove you the Obama Stimulus of some $787 B but will argue that you'd really have to subject that to analysis of multipliers on revenue, etc.

Hard to know what to do with folks who are so hell bent on their grandchidren dying in the Monsanto gulag that they want to massage the truth in order to make the coming more imminent.

hardnox
Advisor

of course the financial crisis and recenue collapse was 100 % due to dems giving away free mortgages to colored folks through freddy and fanny.

Anyway, my larger point being that Lying For Fun and Profit is one thing.

Lying to yourself is another.

hardnox
Advisor

And of course in the **bleep** for tat game you could say that Bush inheritied a balanced budget.

There's a lot more to that story but as I said, truth and cogent analysis don't hanve anything to do with this game.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Nox, every new president "inherits" things from the former president.  They pull tricks to build their "legacy" and those bills come due for the next president.  Google the "tech bubble" ...Bush inheirited a recession from Clinton, just check the dates.  And 7 months into Bush`s 1st term, 9/11 hit...regardless what you think happened there, it took tax cuts and stimilus spending to get out of it, Democrats saw the facts and agreed.  I`m not giving Bush a pass, the $4.9 Trillion was added during his watch...but fair is fair Obama added $7 Trillion thus far and counting.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

See, my first reply about the recession and 9/11 that Bush inheirited.  Fiscally Clinton was good, however he inheireted a healing economy from Bush #41...Clinton was lucky to be comaneder-in-chief during a time of peace and a growing economy, Clinton was smart enough not to muck it up. In `94 the Republicans won and Clinton wasn`t affraid to bend and say.."Okay ya`ll want me to be a little more conservative...i`ll be a little more conservative...cause God, I love this job!  Don`t ask, Don`t tell".    My motto is: I`d rather be lucky than smart.  And Clinton was also one step ahead of the sheriff.   Obama is more liberally ridgid, to the detriment of his party as you will see today.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

7 months into his term 911 hit ??

Did he take his oath In Feb ??

RWNJs  can't even be trusted with simple math

Nox nailed you pretty good regarding liying for fun and profit vs lying to yourself.

Just admit it.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Won't matter

Hey Knapper, i know that it`s popular to say we want the money out of politics, but does it matter to the 2 main parties?  We are bombarded with scare tactics about `Joni Ernst wants to eliminate social security and the farm bill and she wants birth control banned" ...I don`t know if all that extra dark money Bruce Braley spent did one wit of good...sometimes if you have too much money to spend, you just do stupid things that ultimately harms your campaign. 

I will say, I would like to see 3 or 4 "main parties" to choose from, 2 just doesn`t seem to be enough.  that said I really like my governor Terry Branstad and Joni Ernst and Steve King.  To me, I`m not "voting against" anyone, I really like my Republican candidates.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

However, you STILL preach the talk and want to go back to the 80s when this BS started! The old story about teens being the only ones on min wage is garbage also. There are many adults drawing min wage.
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Won't matter

Only Dems have "dark" money to spend! You are simply ------!