cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnaa
Advisor

Oklahoma school shooting plot stopped.

http://www.wbur.org/2012/12/16/oklahoma-school-shooting-plot

The point is why so many kids are thinking of doing the same thing?   Maybe you believe in demonic possession and a 30 rd clip is are taking possession of their minds, because you believe in supernatural beings.  I think it's something in the culture and the guns do not possess people's minds, it's ideas, concepts, monkey see monkey do.

15 Replies
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

This mentality

Nobody knows me. Nobody likes me. Nobody notices me. Nobody respects me.

Maybe if I kill a few and go out in a blaze of glory, they will remember me and regret their shoddy treatment of me.

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Re: This mentality

there are kids who suffer these problems what can result is family member who is obsessd  with guns of the assualt level give acess to them and decided I will use them to get noticed and respected

johnaa
Advisor

"Nobody knows me. Nobody likes me. Nobody notices me. Nobody respects me."

And now the media keeps giving them something to copy.

I cannot imagine a good number of kids have not felt that way during man's history, before Chapman started it at the U of Texas and Columbine.  Which happened after gun control became so popular.

snip--Students said they saw Chavez researching the 1999 Columbine High School massacre, in which 12 Colorado students and a teacher were murdered by two students who also died.

For years the media has commemorated the Columbine killings at least once a year, specially in Colorado.

johnaa
Advisor

Hobby votes for demonic possession

Ok, we have one vote for demonic possession by firearms.  

I believe you and some other's who are parroting the standard anti-gun mantra are certainly obsessed with demonizing people who are not member of their choir.

Millions of kids have family members who use firearms.

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Re: Hobby votes for demonic possession

I don't demonize people or families that own guns just one who think a ar15 is the weapon to own.    A photo of what a small  5/6 year old looks like after being shot 3 to 11 times a with a ar15..      

Samnospam
Advisor

Re: Oklahoma school shooting plot stopped.

Not enough information about so many of these cases to draw any conclusions as to why. I wonder if that is intentional or because the trial and investigations are on going?
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

There was a local talk show on the radio, where they discussed this, to some extent, with the usual finger pointing, blame game, etc, etc.

Then one guy, who hadn't spoken yet, siad what I belive hit the nail on the head.

He said, that whenever something like this happens, there are always special interests, who are quick to blame this, blame that, ban this, not ban that, etc, but he has been looking into the issue for quite some time, (I don't remember exactly how long) and he says that every study he could find, every 'answer' is skewed to what a certain special interest group wanted it to.   He has yet, to find any kind of unbiased research, as to who is likely to wig out, and try to kill a bunch of people, what their mindset is, or what triggered their wigging out, WHEN exactly they snapped, WHERE they got the idea to kill a bunch of innocent people, or HOW to find out these people, and stop their actions, before they start.
   I tried googling a few things, and I think he may be right.   There is no comprehensive research, to try to find the common denominator, in the bulk of these shootings.   The vast majority, are on some sort of mind-altering drug, in many cases, by prescription, plus, they found access to firearms, in one way or another.   That's about all I can come up with, and I can't find where it was researched any deeper, than that.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

I agree.

The media has some blame in this. The 24 hour news that keeps repeating the names of the evil person doing the killing. They are glorified in another evil persons mind. They want that too. I think that should stop.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Nebrfarmr wrote:

There was a local talk show on the radio, where they discussed this, to some extent, with the usual finger pointing, blame game, etc, etc.

Then one guy, who hadn't spoken yet, siad what I belive hit the nail on the head.

He said, that whenever something like this happens, there are always special interests, who are quick to blame this, blame that, ban this, not ban that, etc, but he has been looking into the issue for quite some time, (I don't remember exactly how long) and he says that every study he could find, every 'answer' is skewed to what a certain special interest group wanted it to.   He has yet, to find any kind of unbiased research, as to who is likely to wig out, and try to kill a bunch of people, what their mindset is, or what triggered their wigging out, WHEN exactly they snapped, WHERE they got the idea to kill a bunch of innocent people, or HOW to find out these people, and stop their actions, before they start.
   I tried googling a few things, and I think he may be right.   There is no comprehensive research, to try to find the common denominator, in the bulk of these shootings.   The vast majority, are on some sort of mind-altering drug, in many cases, by prescription, plus, they found access to firearms, in one way or another.   That's about all I can come up with, and I can't find where it was researched any deeper, than that.

A lot of them are involved with the occult and/or devil worshipping. Wonder if it could because they think death is a thing of glory.