Senior Advisor

Old age and survivors insurance

7 Replies
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: Old age and survivors insurance

From your link:

Unbalanced scales.svg

The neutrality of this article is disputed. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved.

Couldn't help, but notice this prominently at the top of the article.

According to the latest estimate by the Medicare trustees (2011), the trust fund is expected to become insolvent in 13 years (2024), at which time available revenue will cover 90 percent of annual projected costs

So, do you agree with your own link, that Medicare is on a path to unsustainability, unless some sort of reforms are carried out?

Samnospam
Advisor

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

He doesn't care. As long as he gets everything he wants is what he is about. As long as someone else pays for it.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I agree with the notion that medicare is not the only health insurance that costs more and like private insurers need to raise revenues coming in Medicare must do the same.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Quite possible that i am paying more in than you.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

I hope so. You old rich guys should pay more. You cry that on here all the time. the rich should pay their share. 

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I do pay my share. I have for years and you don't hear me complaining about my tax bill. I am very fortunate to receive a good income. I planned it well for my old age and I did it with after tax money. I'm sorry your aren't doing so well.