cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wehav
Senior Contributor

Older and autism

http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v14/n11/full/nm1108-1170a.html

"In a study of more than 100,000 people, along with records about their parents' ages, Avi Reichenberg at King's College London and his colleagues found that 33 out of every 10,000 offspring of men 40 years or older had autism spectrum disorder—a 475% increase compared to offspring of men younger than 30, who fathered afflicted children at a rate of 6 per 10,000 "

MULTIPLE LINKS TO INFORMATION

and:

"The research team headed by the University of Washington showed sperm to be a much bigger culprit than eggs.

For every four mutations traced back to sperm, there was just one that began life in an egg.

The finding fits with previous studies that show that older fathers are slightly more likely to have an autistic child than their younger counterparts. One study found that a man aged 40 and over is almost six times more likely to have an autistic child as a man in his 20s or teens."

4 Replies
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Older and autism

Totally wrong.  I have it on highest authority (BAd ear) that only all those 36 vaccinations are causing it!!!

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Bull crap, you damned LIAR!  READ what I said...if you are capable.

bruce MN
Advisor

Thanks. Interesting info.  

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Excuse me! Bad ear the damned MORON implied that the probable cause was the 36 vaccinations that are forced on kids.