cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

On Florida school shooting

The NRA has taken the position that guns used in the killing of children should have no limits on Magazine capacity.

Yet the US is signatory to the Migratory Wildfowl Convention that limits guns for hunting ducks and geese to a two-shot magazine.

Geese are more important to Republicans than children.

True family values.

No doubt supported in Deuteronomy! 

11 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: On Florida school shooting

The story in this link was on television news last night here in Canada.

It is hard to believe that there have been almost 1200 other chidden did in the US from gunshots in the year following the Parkland Shooting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/us/parkland-obituaries-students.html

Fourteen students died on Feb. 14, 2018, in Parkland, Fla., inspiring marches, new laws and widespread calls to stop the onslaught of gun deaths. But in the year since one of the worst school shootings in the United States, nearly 1,200 more children have lost their lives to guns in this country.

[Read more on how America responded to Parkland]

The number alone might stop most people in their tracks. But editors at The Trace, a nonprofit news organization that reports on gun violence, wanted to remember the dead not as statistics, but as human beings with rich histories. This week they launched “Since Parkland,”a website compiling profiles of every one of the victims. To tell their stories, The Trace turned to those who could relate most closely to the victims: other young people.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Maybe someone could go a step further than limiting the size of clips that can be used on kids, and maybe just make it illegal to shoot kids all together?

Spoiler

Wouldn't that work better?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

(Someday, this is going to come close to some of these people, they will finally get the message, until then, more and more people will die!!)

One would think that some of you liberals would take me up on my guns and abortion compromise instead of just using guns as a Democrat talking point.

I guess it just wouldn't be comfortable for you, too important to eliminate those unborn heartbeats

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/us/parkland-shooting.html?module=inline

From the article -- "  In the case of Mr. Cruz, the warning signs were many. There were the boasts about killing animals, the expulsion, the stalking of a female classmate, the repeated calls from his mother to the police. School counselors and a sheriff’s deputy decided at one point that he should be forcibly committed for psychiatric evaluation, only to apparently change their minds the next day. Multiple tips to the F.B.I. were left uninvestigated — one woman told the bureau’s tip line she was worried about Mr. Cruz going “into a school and just shooting the place up.”  "

This is what most needs to change.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Well, Edmund

When you realize abortion is not murder, that it's none of your business, I will agree to allow you to have a gun. How's that??

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Absolutely, no one should be able to go in and shoot up a school, or a church/.mosque/synagogue.

Or a shopping centre, mall or govt office.

Thing all of these have in common is that emblem, of insufficient manhood, the gun!

If you can't at least give humans the protection you offer animals, you are a decadent rotting society!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yupe, voluntary plugs in semi auto and pumps, get caught with out plug it's a hefty fine...

NOW....around here, those MIGRATORY birds come from the north country in our fall of the year....and on a wildlife show the other

evening, one of the game wardens stated limits were so there would be birds again next year....It's a spoort

NOW, if people would treat other people with the same respect they do their pets, MAYBE we would see an improvement of people getting along..with each other or others.

Many of today's kids do NOT respect life, human or other animals.

Many of today's kids do NOT respect another's property.

It is a learned thing, what do you expect with NO guidance?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Well, Edmund

(When you realize abortion is not murder, that it's none of your business, I will agree to allow you to have a gun. How's that??)

I guess you gotta be a good follower, toe the line - keep eliminating those unborn heartbeats, oh but make sure they're comfortable first. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Sorry, the common thread is a demented person (who needs help, special meds, &/or isolation), the gun is just their tool of choice.  Similar people of varying degrees mental instability also use words, fists, knives, vehicles, airplanes, poison, whatever is available.