cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: On "keeping your doctor"....

@schnurrbart wrote:

What do you have against the CVS employees and the employees of Breeze 2?  Don't they deserve to make a living wage?  You shop for the best price?  Shame on you.  You are unAmerican and a cheapskate!!!!

Why do you hate the employees of Krogers? Do you hate all union workers or just those who work for Krogers?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Krogers?????  WTH did that come from?????

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I run my test strips thru insurance because once
I get my drug ded paid, they pay 50% (would rather
Have copay plan) plus adds to my out of pocket.

I used to get my strips at Walmart for $18 per
100 but was cheaper/better to run thru insurance
To take advantage of out of pocket/deductible.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@elcheapo wrote:
I run my test strips thru insurance because once
I get my drug ded paid, they pay 50% (would rather
Have copay plan) plus adds to my out of pocket.

I used to get my strips at Walmart for $18 per
100 but was cheaper/better to run thru insurance
To take advantage of out of pocket/deductible.

I checked Walmart but they were higher. Got some on line once. The Breeze 2. Got like 250 of them for less than half price. Not sure where they came from but they were too close to the expiration date. I used them even after they expired but never got any more on line.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Krogers?????  WTH did that come from?????

Where I buy cheap test strips that I pay for myself.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I'm supposed to know that HOW?????  BTW, how many times have you ever worked in a labor union???

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

I'm supposed to know that HOW?????  BTW, how many times have you ever worked in a labor union???

@r3020

Veteran Advisor

@elcheapo wrote:

I' think the idea of the article was, today, we have more and more "less educated people", doing what the "educated" people used to

do.  For example..years ago we did not have PA or ARNP....you saw a MD..but, we are "told" there are fewer doctors, so we

have to used "extenders". The theory is, most medicine is rather "routine", so someone of lesser training is able to

manage things.....the more advanced cases are left to the MD...I know of a national ranked diabetes center/clinic...only 1 MD

and several PA's and several ARNP, that people see, and then see dieticians...you might see the MD once a year or so.

BUT...it depends where you are at, there are places where there are plenty of doctors, and easy to get in...example.

I am needing to see an endocrinologist, rhumemotolgiest, neurologiest, and should see a cardiologist once a year.

On average I must wait 3 months, and travel 150 miles, to get something of "quality"...although there is a cardio closer.

on the other hand, i can call to mayo's and get in to see all the above, in less than a month !

our local practice has been sold out to a large regional hosp....which has been buying up clinic and small hospitals...

with the theory, they must be big in order to survive due to cuts...i have noticed our local doctors don't work much

past 5 pm anymore...no incentive...you work so many hours and get paid x, and that's it...no "investment" in patient

care anymore...so the big hosp tells you how to practice.....saying they are making little money....my responce is,

"oh really"....seems the head of the hospital is doing well....funny how they make bigger and bigger donations to their

"foundation"....yet they say they are making no money, and they have cut our services....just a bunch of lies.

it's getting anymore, i fear getting sick....not knowing what the local hospital and hospital will do...they have turned everyone

into robots...and there is palpated friction between the staff and management.

anymore, i am starting to feel i have to travel almost 250 miles to a metro area to get advanced care...or perhaps i should say

"qualifited care".

it's boiled down to money money money....two examples...you wonder why your insurance is so high...one of the problem is the

insurance co....they don't care, because they are making money hand over fist.

i have to test my blood several times a day....looking at the stuff on my insurance co website, the particular strip i use they

allow $103 for 100 strips....i got them friday....yep, that is what they did....well they give me two boxes of fifty, on the side of

the box was the price tag....$43....so that is $86....full pharmacy price....does anyone see anything wrong ?

since i am a member of a mutual, i called one day....since i am a member, i am a owner.....i brought up the point where

we, as a company, and shareholder, could save hundred of thousands of dollars each year if allowed to use 'generic" strips

they said i didn't understand medicine...(wrong) and that i didn't understand (explain it to me)....so a shareholder brings

up a question that will save 100's of thousands per year.....and it is passed over.

with medicare, my mom uses oxygen at night, uses a concenrater at 2L.   The unit brand new sells for $795....and runs many

years without a problem...medicare paid $197 a month....well our supplier bellyached he couldn't make any money at that

and figured out a way to go around it.  They no longer accept assignment from medicare......so we get a check from medicare

for $197 a month, and then $203 from BCBS....because he charges us $400 a month.....and the policy says it will pay 120%

of what medicare will pay........so....he was getting $197 a month.....now getting $400 !!!  with oxygen, you must provide

oxygen for 5 years, but you get paid for 3 years........so.....tell me if he is making money....$14,400 for the use of the unit,

the unit cost $795, maybe $300 for tubing for that number of years...no need for repairs for 5 years..and they come by

once every 6 months.

i talked to medicare about it, they said it was perfectly legal.....but understood my "concern"

i talked to bcbs......same thing !!

things just don't make any sense.....and nobody cares, or don't want to do anything.

I buy test strips 100 at a time. I pay for them myself. I used to go to CVS and get Breeze2. $120 for 100 strips.  Now  I go to Kroger Pharmacy. 100 strips $35.  That is how you bring down the price of health care. 300,000,000 Americans looking for the best deal.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

3020, you have much more patience than I possess.

It is almost comical how dense that swipe can be at times.

God must love stupid people...He made so many of them! lol

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If you take insulin what is current price your paying?        

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Ok mr smarta**, you knew he was talking about Krogers right?  You certainly seem to be one of the chosen ones   like you think I am.  Have you ever been in a labor union? BTW, your village is calling!