cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

On the event of a royal wedding

I'd like to express my disgust that the concept of "royalty" is not synonymous with hate speech.   The thought that anyone by birth has any preordained power over others is as offensive as the worst racism.  Any country who places these people as heads of state is a backwards nation.

10 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: On the event of a royal wedding

Kudos. The only thing more offensive is them preaching to us how to live.

Highlighted
Advisor

I just wonder if anyone has interviewed the riding instructor Hewitt and his thoughts about the red headed prince and the obsession with his wedding.

Life is definitely much stranger than any fiction you could ever make up.

Harry definitely is a cut above the other royals when it comes to looks and pedigree. He gives hope to red headed gingers world wide.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

This morning, 2 of 3 major networks available in KC free-TV are 100% wedding coverage.  On CBS news website, 14 of 18 front page stories are about the wedding -- that's more coverage of the wedding than Reuters (headquartered in London).

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I’m fascinated by the 1200 year history of the English monarchy but only the history. I find the concept repugnant and to continue it in this age is even more so. Continuing it is like making every day Adolph Hitler day
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

News coverage on how they decided which of the five royal carriages they would use today.
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I wish Harry and Megan the best.  As an American, I`m not a Britain fan and still hold a grudge over that whole Revolutionary War thing.   As Bruce, I`m sure will tell you, I`m no history major but it seems to me Britain with their godawful aloof, accent goes around pissing off the rest of the world and we`ve had to bail them out in the past.   Oh yeah our grandfathers fought side by side with them against the Nazis and in the 60`s they gave us Paul, John, George and Ringo and who doesn`t enjoy themselves a James Bond movie.  

The monarchy had a purpose in the past, a decent king ruling is a good thing and if or when he got out of hand, he lost his head.  But it`s lost it`s usefulness, in Britain it`s a figurehead, but the royal family is the richest in the world and has held on those ill gotten gains from when "the Sun never sets on the British empire"...opium and slave trade and such, old queenie`s money has blood on it.

But like the new billionaires in the USofA have tied their fortunes to the Democrat monarchy, the royals of Britain try to show the masses that they are "one of us" in order to maintain their status.  

This is why my gut feeling is this Harry and Megan deal is a sham (wish them the best though) .  Harry was a wild child smoking dope banging starlets, making sex tapes with Paris Hilton or whatever, but he was 6th in line to the throne so he could get away with it.  But after flying helicopters and giving out the queen`s money to charities and all that goodie goodie stuff he settles down.  It`s "convenient " that he is marrying a older divorced "bi-racial" actress, could it be to keep the Windsors  relevant to the masses?

All this coverage, in the 80`s when Charles and Diana got married it was a 2 hour special on ABC and that was it.  They`re spending even more money on this Harry & Megan deal than the other bald prince and the hottie Kate and her hot sister Pippa Smiley Tongue

So what`s next for the House of Winsor?  don`t be surprised in a few years the next royal wedding in that church will be one of the kids being in a same sex wedding to a Muslim or something...all to be perceived as being one of the masses.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

how many

that think the confederate flag and monuments should be taken down were glued to the tv this morning?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Spent a whole day in the Abbey reading plaques on all of the crypts of kings queens and Nobles. I think including those buried under the floor (like Sir Isaac Newton) there are over 700. Lots of history there. That along with always liking movies about the Middle Ages hooked me. I’m sure there are inaccuracies in history even with letters and real records. And there were fair Monarchs like the Plantagenets and Queen Elizabeth. But I guarantee you the evil ones like Henry 8 and Mary 1 were not deposed. No mass of people should be ruled by one person.
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

My interest in royal weddings ended in 1776........................