29 Replies
wehav
Senior Contributor

Re: One coutry's answer to free loaders

sorry, America doesn't have balls to deal with freeloaders

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I guess you want to be in charge of killing all the retired folks since they don't "produce" any more.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

not all retired persons are free loaders.

my mother pays in more in income taxes than she receives back in social security benefits and medicare subsidies. I think we spare her.

Best to just to go on a case by case basis, and give people an option to opt out of subsidies and stay alive. Maybe let their adult working children kick in some money, too if they love their parents.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Au contraire, mon Ami.  According to your bud oilcan, anyone not drawing a wage is a freeloader and most certainly anyone drawing a federal pension--SS, military or govt worker.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

no clue who oilcan is, but if you are drawing more from a source than you are paying back, you are a freeloader.

Do the math and report back.

bruce MN
Advisor

Posts that confirm presumptions, such as this one does, are always welcome.  

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

There you go. Almost all non-pension earning retired people living of SS are freeloaders since they will never pay it back, being retired and all. Do you really mean that Red, cause it's what you wrote? I'll wait and see if you clarify before I say more.

Oilcan is Ollie...even I got that one.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Don't lie.  You and oilcanollie are best buds.  I don't pay into anything.  I have already pay in and am now retired.  When I do any part-time work, I pay into SS but that is all.  Not freeloading at all.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

My posts were somewhat swiftian in tone....maybe you have read what Swift wrote when the English wondered what should be done with the starving Irish as they stole all of the beef and corn from the island they had conquered....Swift wrote that the Irish should simply eat their children and thus accomplish two things.....feed their hunger and cut down on their population. He was being sarcastic...I think the essay was "A Modest Proposal"

Seriously, though, any nation must be careful in how much they promise in entitlements. The ones pulling the cart should live better than the ones riding in the cart. I don't think that is always the case in America.