cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: One crowded house

If there is a record of all of these transacations, then shouldn't there be an accompanying filing on record? Should be simple to get to the bottom of.

 

Or are you guys claiming some wide system of graft and corruption on the part of agents?  They are the goalies that this puck has to get past.  I don't know about you, but my experience with agents is that they are working in the interest of the agency and the Dept. of the Treasury.

 

This is one of those stories that if even remotely close to true we'd have all known about long ago.

 

Proves as much as anyitng, I think,  tha tthe spirit of Andrew Breitbart didn't die with his carcass.

 

Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

Re: One crowded house


@r3020 wrote:

No money for White House tours or workers who work with disabled vets but we have 100 million to send Her Highness Michelle to Africa and then this......

 

snip-

The Internal Revenue Service sent 23,994 tax refunds worth a combined  $46,378,040 to “unauthorized” alien workers who all used the same  address in Atlanta, Ga., in 2011, according to the Treasury Inspector  General for Tax Administration (TIGTA).

 

Other locations on the IG’s Top Ten list for singular addresses  that were theoretically used simultaneously by thousands of unauthorized alien workers, included  an address in Oxnard, Calif, where the IRS sent 2,507 refunds worth  $10,395,874; an address in Raleigh, North  Carolina, where the IRS sent 2,408 refunds worth $7,284,212; an address  in Phoenix, Ariz., where the IRS sent 2,047 refunds worth $5,558,608; an  address in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., where the IRS sent 1,972 refunds  worth $2,256,302; an address in San Jose, Calif., where the IRS sent  1,942 refunds worth $5,091,027; and an address in Arvin, Calif., where  the IRS sent 1,846 refunds worth $3,298,877.

 

 

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-sent-46378040-refunds-23994-unauthorized-aliens-1-atlanta-addres...


 

Where is the outrage?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: One crowded house


@bruce MN wrote:

If there is a record of all of these transacations, then shouldn't there be an accompanying filing on record? Should be simple to get to the bottom of.

 

Or are you guys claiming some wide system of graft and corruption on the part of agents?  They are the goalies that this puck has to get past.  I don't know about you, but my experience with agents is that they are working in the interest of the agency and the Dept. of the Treasury.

 

This is one of those stories that if even remotely close to true we'd have all known about long ago.

 

Proves as much as anyitng, I think,  tha tthe spirit of Andrew Breitbart didn't die with his carcass.

 


Why are you so uniformed?

 

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: One crowded house


@Craig's Brother wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

No money for White House tours or workers who work with disabled vets but we have 100 million to send Her Highness Michelle to Africa and then this......

 

snip-

The Internal Revenue Service sent 23,994 tax refunds worth a combined  $46,378,040 to “unauthorized” alien workers who all used the same  address in Atlanta, Ga., in 2011, according to the Treasury Inspector  General for Tax Administration (TIGTA).

 

Other locations on the IG’s Top Ten list for singular addresses  that were theoretically used simultaneously by thousands of unauthorized alien workers, included  an address in Oxnard, Calif, where the IRS sent 2,507 refunds worth  $10,395,874; an address in Raleigh, North  Carolina, where the IRS sent 2,408 refunds worth $7,284,212; an address  in Phoenix, Ariz., where the IRS sent 2,047 refunds worth $5,558,608; an  address in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., where the IRS sent 1,972 refunds  worth $2,256,302; an address in San Jose, Calif., where the IRS sent  1,942 refunds worth $5,091,027; and an address in Arvin, Calif., where  the IRS sent 1,846 refunds worth $3,298,877.

 

 

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-sent-46378040-refunds-23994-unauthorized-aliens-1-atlanta-addres...


 

Where is the outrage?


With Bruce the outrage is with anyone who tries to reveal the story. Andrew Breitbart, CNSnews.......anyone who would dare shine a light on the dirty dealings of his Almighty Government. Oh yeah, and anyone he might consider a filthy bagger.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

What is the operative word ?

For someone like you, Bruce, that believes in government with such a passion?

 

Of course, it's only when the communists are in control, but it is a passion, nonetheless.

 

If you open your eyes, ears, and try to think a little, you would discover that most things that government does, it does pretty poorly, and should be a last resort for things that would not get done otherwise, and fulfill a public necessity that would be void otherwise.

 

The IRS readily admits to a huge tax gap, and that the agency has been sending out fraudulent and erroneous refunds claims is not really even news to anyone. No private business would be anywhere as incompetent.

 

 

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Google Brent Bozell

Why google another bozo when we already have you posting here, Shifty?

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Google Brent Bozell

Just a thought Mr 20.  Have you ever heard of tax preparers that make out tax returns and make loans to their customers secured by their refunds?

 

We see those ads all the time around tax time. How many of those addresses belong to H&R Block or other tax preparation firms? And yes those tax refunds would be directed to the tax firms.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Google Brent Bozell


@kraft-t wrote:

Just a thought Mr 20.  Have you ever heard of tax preparers that make out tax returns and make loans to their customers secured by their refunds?

 

We see those ads all the time around tax time. How many of those addresses belong to H&R Block or other tax preparation firms? And yes those tax refunds would be directed to the tax firms.


Fraud is fraud. The IRS is sending millions and millions of dollars to the same addresses over and over again. Must be one crowded house.

Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

Re: Google Brent Bozell


@kraft-t wrote:

Just a thought Mr 20.  Have you ever heard of tax preparers that make out tax returns and make loans to their customers secured by their refunds?

 

We see those ads all the time around tax time. How many of those addresses belong to H&R Block or other tax preparation firms? And yes those tax refunds would be directed to the tax firms.


That is incorrect.

The common address is the MAILING AND RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS AT THE TOP OF THE FORM, THAT ADDRESS LISTED AS THE HOME ADDRESS FOR THE TAXPAYER.  The common address on the form does NOT represent the direct deposit bank account where the advance loans pay out to.  Make sure you understand that correctly.  What these illegals are doing is working in this country, paying in maybe $2,000 in taxes, then using one common mailing address to receive their checks, however by illegally claiming dozens of children, they may pay in $2k in taxes, but get back around $10k in tax credits.  Yes, with the current tax system you CAN get back far more than you pay in!  Even worse, now that tens of billions of dollars have been wrongfully distributed to Blacks (Pigford v. Glickman) thanks to our disgusting former governor Tom Vile-sack, he has opened up this same policy to illegals, so that they might ALSO receive a whopping settlement check as well!  Vile-sack, that same ag secretary who is so color blind, even handed and fair, that he ignored the evidence when Shirley Sherrod (a Black official) was caught discriminating against White farmers.  Blacks and Mexicans get a cash reward for making false claims, while Whites get nothing but screwed.  Seem fair to you?

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

Re: Google Brent Bozell

Mr Kraft-t, I believe that refunds must be connected to the taxpayer claiming the refund, and not the preparer.

Either way, I belive the IRS was duped by someone into giving improper refunds, which happens.  Heck, the IRS gives refunds to scam artists who use the identieies of dead people, to get refunds (I wonder how much they paid in??)

 

 

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/authorities-bay-area-criminals-use-fake-identities-t...

 

Filing false tax returns can be lucrative.

Larhonda Williams-McCoy of Tampa was ordered to pay the IRS more that $81,000 when she was sentenced to 18 months in prison on Jan. 20, records show.

Williams-McCoy admitted in a plea agreement to filing 36 tax returns with other people's information for a total of $148,000. She pleaded guilty to making false or fraudulent claims and committing fraud with identification documents. She could have been sentenced to up to 15 years in prison. Upon her release, she'll have 36 months of supervision.

 

(now, what gets me, is she more or less pled guilty of stealing $148,000, but only has to pay $81,000 in restitution???

 

Oh, more on dead people getting refunds:

 

http://money.msn.com/taxes/article.aspx?post=e319fcb3-fa07-41d7-ad05-c829df544437

 

IRS refunded $12 million to dead people in scam

According to the government's lawsuit, the phony claims -- apparently processed by a single tax preparer -- were spread over some 300 accounts in several different banks.