cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: One factor to consider

@OKdon wrote:

i didn't hire workers south of the border. Idiot!

When you wanted some dental work done that you deemed too expensive in this country you went to a country that has a minimum wage of $5.25/DAY.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

The dentist makes more than that! He isn't paid by the hour. He is paid by the job. You never shop around??
r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
The dentist makes more than that! He isn't paid by the hour. He is paid by the job. You never shop around??

@schnurrbart wrote:

So if someone pays his/her help more than minimum wage you are going to shop around for a better deal? Guess what, the guy/gal that pays their help more than minimum wage will have to lay someone off so he/she can compete.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

These comapnies should have consulted you first.

Ikea

Gap, Inc

Costco

In-and-out-burger

Shake Shack

Ben & Jerry's

Whole foods.

Not waiting for Federal Min Wage.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

Well Mr 3020

it's obvious that you would rather it stay where it is. I've read enough of your posts to know how you feel and what your opinions are.

Basically, you want zero regulations. Move to China or Mexico then.

History has proven over and over that people will get taken advantage of if there is no regulation. The min wage is just a small regulation that says here is the bottom line of compensation. You will note, there is no regulation on how much a person can make or top out at.

I do not know what you paying a shop $100/hr has to do with this............ Maybe buy your own tools and fix it yourself if you think it out of line.......

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Interesting....., I rarely, if ever, do business with any of the afore mentioned business enterprises.
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

It will be interesting to see how many kids lose their jobs when grocery stores go to self checkout systems. Everything has consequences.
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Well Mr 3020

@RJG640v8 wrote:

it's obvious that you would rather it stay where it is. I've read enough of your posts to know how you feel and what your opinions are.

Basically, you want zero regulations. Move to China or Mexico then.

History has proven over and over that people will get taken advantage of if there is no regulation. The min wage is just a small regulation that says here is the bottom line of compensation. You will note, there is no regulation on how much a person can make or top out at.

I do not know what you paying a shop $100/hr has to do with this............ Maybe buy your own tools and fix it yourself if you think it out of line.......

Exactly. The market works.. The low wage earners will become mechanics if they don't like minimum wage work.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Prove that asinine statement. I see this morning has not brought any new brightness in your brain!
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Most businesses will close their doors if they don`t make money.  If a mainstreet trinket store hires kids @ minimum wage to open boxes and sweep the store, if their labor cost gets too high and they can`t pass the cost on to customers with the trinkets that they are peddling...they will have to lay the kids off and the floors will go unswept and boxes unopened and eventually out of business.

farmers are the only ones damned fool enough to go year after year losing money...but that too ends for them at some point.