cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

One more thing to challenge your thought processes

For certain  you think you are headed for eternal life with God and all his glory.

Would you prefer that all of humanity share that glorious existance in paradise or would you prefer it was just a select few that meets your standards.

I've heard it said that the chosen ones will be there and the rest will be subject to eternal damnation.

I've also heard it said that the christ paid for all our sins and we all have a tcket to paradise.

Which version would you prefer? Not what you beleive but what you prefer.

I understand I would be excluded under either circumstance. That should make most of you happy!

45 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: One more thing to challenge your thought processes

At the end of his life, entertainer W. C. Fields was seen reading the Bible. This friend of his was surprised at the sight , as W. C. Fields had shunned anything to do with God as long as he knew him.. Surprised, he asked the dying man "why was he reading the Bible?" W. C. Fields replied, "Just lookin' for loop holes."

Having a relationship with God gives you hope. Hope that your spirit will live on, and that you will be joined with your loved ones at the prime of your and their lives. No more pain and sadness, no more fear.

Doing it the atheist way means , if they are right, nothingness ....and if they are wrong, the unthinkable . Either way, you are separated from those you love forevermore. Sounds pretty bleak, to me.

I hope that you will think about it, before it's too late.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

For certain  you think you are headed for eternal life with God and all his glory.

Would you prefer that all of humanity share that glorious existance in paradise or would you prefer it was just a select few that meets your standards.

I've heard it said that the chosen ones will be there and the rest will be subject to eternal damnation.

I've also heard it said that the christ paid for all our sins and we all have a tcket to paradise.

Which version would you prefer? Not what you beleive but what you prefer.

I understand I would be excluded under either circumstance. That should make most of you happy!

What will make me happy is what ever makes Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, happy. I want His will to be done.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Well Don the way I have been told is all you have to do is repent all your sins and admit that Jesus and his father and some holy ghost are the only god(s) and you will be saved.

So if you are lucky enough to get to this heaven you will be there with murderers and all sorts of other evil people who repented at the last moment.

They would be some of the select few while the person who had never heard of this Jesus and his father is SoL.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

No 'doing it the atheist way' means you do not just believe in something but accept only things that are proven.

Things that have evidence and facts to back them up.

So even IF there is some magical being like you claim an atheist will be on solid ground to say why did you not show some evidence to prove you existed?

While the 'believer' that only claimed a believe as an insurance policy 'just in case' will be SoL because that all seeing all knowing god would know what was in the person mind all along.

Insurance policies in religion really are of no value.

Those who admit they do not know of any god since there is no evidence have truth in their hearts and minds.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Well, I wouldn`t count on repenting at the last moment, God knows what`s in your heart and if you believe only as an "insurance policy"...I really do think you`re better off just being an honest athiest, a ignorant person has a better chance with God than someone trying to outsmart Him.

As to Don`s question of would I rather be in Heaven with those I drank beer and chased women with or a pious sourpüsses...it doesn`t matter what I want, what will be, will be.  Heaven will be full of those that were hypocrites and I hope there will be room for one more hypocrite in me.  Smiley Happy

I guess everyone has their own boat to row and tolerance should be a two way street.  If a baker stays away from a bedroom window with the shades pulled down, then the consenting adults in that bedroom by the same token shouldn`t be able to force that baker to make them a cake that celebrates their lifestyle.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

No 'doing it the atheist way' means you do not just believe in something but accept only things that are proven.

Things that have evidence and facts to back them up.

So even IF there is some magical being like you claim an atheist will be on solid ground to say why did you not show some evidence to prove you existed?

While the 'believer' that only claimed a believe as an insurance policy 'just in case' will be SoL because that all seeing all knowing god would know what was in the person mind all along.

Insurance policies in religion really are of no value.

Those who admit they do not know of any god since there is no evidence have truth in their hearts and minds.

That is the great thing about God, he gives you a free will to choose as you see fit. Which ever path any of us follow it will because it is the path we chose.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Read something this morning that makes sense.  You and others say you "Christians" are being persecuted because people object to your "persecution" of gays and others you don't approve of.  You have another new one--to me anyway--kirk cameron to lead the way.  He's as bigoted as you are!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

Well, I wouldn`t count on repenting at the last moment, God knows what`s in your heart and if you believe only as an "insurance policy"...I really do think you`re better off just being an honest athiest, a ignorant person has a better chance with God than someone trying to outsmart Him.

As to Don`s question of would I rather be in Heaven with those I drank beer and chased women with or a pious sourpüsses...it doesn`t matter what I want, what will be, will be.  Heaven will be full of those that were hypocrites and I hope there will be room for one more hypocrite in me.  Smiley Happy

I guess everyone has their own boat to row and tolerance should be a two way street.  If a baker stays away from a bedroom window with the shades pulled down, then the consenting adults in that bedroom by the same token shouldn`t be able to force that baker to make them a cake that celebrates their lifestyle.

That is why I say those who are waiting for evidence, any evidence are better off.

To begin we go through life without the need to discriminate against some people because of a verse in an old book.

Then if it happens to be Zeus making the decisions we are better off than those who through in with the fictitious god(s).

And I am glad you admit that 'believers' are hypocrites.

If you wish to allow discrimination then all discrimination is on the table and it would be OK for the baker to discriminate against christians too.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

r3020 wrote:

That is the great thing about God, he gives you a free will to choose as you see fit. Which ever path any of us follow it will because it is the path we chose.

No 'free will' needed just follow common sense and only accept what is proven to be true, drop the imaginary things.